when will you be able to travel to vietnam Vietnam is a beautiful and fascinating country that attracts millions of tourists every year. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Vietnam has imposed strict travel restrictions and closed its borders to most foreign visitors since March 2020. Many travelers are wondering when they will be able to travel to Vietnam again and enjoy its amazing culture, nature, and cuisine. In this blog post, I will give you the latest updates and guidelines on traveling to Vietnam in 2023.
The Current Situation of COVID-19 in Vietnam when will you be able to travel to vietnam
As of May 16, 2023, Vietnam has reported a total of 4,836 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 39 deaths and 2,835 recoveries1. The majority of the cases are imported or related to quarantine facilities. Vietnam has been praised for its effective and proactive response to the pandemic, with early detection, contact tracing, isolation, testing, and vaccination. when will you be able to travel to vietnam
Vietnam has also eased its domestic lockdown measures and resumed most social and economic activities. However, some preventive measures are still in place, such as mandatory face mask wearing in public places, especially on public transport and in enclosed spaces such as bars, restaurants, and shopping malls1. Other provinces may apply similar counter-outbreak measures depending on their local situations. when will you be able to travel to vietnam
The Reopening of International Travel to Vietnam
Starting from March 15, 2022, Vietnam officially reopened its borders to all international visitors2. Vietnam resumed visa issuance for tourists in 2022, and most travelers can apply for an e-visa online3. However, some entry requirements and health protocols are still in place to ensure the safety of both travelers and locals. Here are some of the things you need to know before you travel to Vietnam:
- You need a valid passport with at least six months of validity from the date of your arrival in Vietnam. It must also have at least two blank pages for the visa and immigration stamps. vietnam travel and leisure
- You need a visa to enter Vietnam, unless you are from one of the visa-exempt countries. You can apply for an e-visa online on the official website of the Vietnamese immigration department. The e-visa fee is USD 25, the processing time is 3 working days. You will receive an email with a registration code to download your e-visa. You need to print the e-visa and bring it with you to Vietnam. You can enter and exit Vietnam through any of the 33 designated ports of entry3. when will you be able to travel to vietnam
- You need to show proof of being fully vaccinated with an accepted COVID-19 vaccine to board a flight to Vietnam. The accepted vaccines are Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Sinopharm, Sinovac, Sputnik V, and Covaxin2. You need to have received the last dose of the vaccine at least 14 days before your departure. You need to bring your vaccination certificate or card with you. when will you be able to travel to vietnam
- You need to show a negative COVID-19 PCR test result taken within 72 hours before your departure. The test result must be in English or Vietnamese, and issued by an authorized testing facility. You need to bring your test result with you. when will you be able to travel to vietnam
- You need to fill out a health declaration form online before your arrival. You can access the form here. You need to provide your personal information, travel history, health status, and contact details. You will receive a QR code after submitting the form. You need to show the QR code to the immigration officers upon arrival. when will you be able to travel to vietnam
- You need to undergo health screening procedures at the airport or port of entry. You will have your temperature checked and your documents verified. If you have any symptoms or signs of COVID-19, you will be transferred to a designated hospital for further examination and treatment. when will you be able to travel to vietnam
- You do not need to quarantine if you meet all the above requirements and have no symptoms or signs of COVID-19. However, you need to self-monitor your health for 10 days from the date of entry. If you develop any symptoms or signs of COVID-19, you need to immediately notify the nearest medical facility for instructions1. when will you be able to travel to vietnam
The Best Time and Places to Visit Vietnam
The best time to visit Vietnam is from December to April. The temperature is pleasant and there is almost no rain4. But the best time to visit Vietnam also depends on where in Vietnam. In the north it can get quite cold in December and January. Therefore, view the weather by month for each region. when will you be able to travel to vietnam
Vietnam has many beautiful and diverse places to visit, but some of the most popular ones are:
- Ha Long Bay: A UNESCO World Heritage Site with thousands of limestone islands and caves in the emerald water.
- Hoi An: An ancient town with colorful lanterns, wooden houses, and canals. when will you be able to travel to vietnam
- Sapa: A mountainous region with terraced rice fields, ethnic villages, and stunning views. when will you be able to travel to vietnam
- Hue: The former imperial capital with majestic palaces, tombs, and pagodas. when will you be able to travel to vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh City: The largest and most modern city in Vietnam with skyscrapers, markets, and museums.
- Hanoi: The capital and cultural center of Vietnam with old quarters, lakes, and temples. when will you be able to travel to vietnam
Of course, these are not the only places to visit in Vietnam. You can also explore other less-known but equally beautiful places, such as Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, Ninh Binh, Da Lat, Mui Ne, Phu Quoc, and more. The key is to do some research and find the places that match your interests and vision. when will you be able to travel to vietnam
I hope this blog post has given you some useful information and tips on when you will be able to travel to Vietnam. Vietnam is a wonderful country that welcomes visitors from all over the world. However, you should also prepare well and follow the rules and regulations to avoid any problems or hassles. I wish you a safe and enjoyable trip to Vietnam!