Are you looking for some 5 letter words starting with car? You’ve come to the right place! In this blog post, I will share with you 32 words that begin with car and their meanings. Whether you need them for a crossword puzzle, a word game, or just to expand your vocabulary, these words will surely come in handy.
What are 5 Letter Words Starting with Car?
A 5 letter word starting with car is a word that has five letters, begins with the letters c-a-r, and can be used in the English language. Some examples are carat, cargo, and carve. These words can be nouns, verbs, adjectives, or adverbs, depending on their usage and context.
List of 5 Letter Words Starting with Car
- Carap: A hard shell or covering of an animal, such as a turtle or a crab.
- Carat: A unit of weight for precious stones and pearls, equal to 200 milligrams.
- Carbo: Short for carbohydrate, a type of organic compound that provides energy to living organisms.
- Carbs: Plural form of carbo, also used as a slang term for foods that contain carbohydrates.
- Carby: Containing or resembling carbohydrates. 5 letter words starting with car
- Cardi: Short for cardigan, a type of knitted sweater that opens at the front.
- Cards: Plural form of card, a piece of thick paper or plastic that has information or pictures on it. Also used as a slang term for someone who is amusing or eccentric.
- Cardy: Short for cardigan, a type of knitted sweater that opens at the front.
- Cared: Past tense and past participle of care, to feel concern or interest for someone or something.
- Carer: A person who looks after someone who is ill, elderly, or disabled. 5 letter words starting with car
- Cares: Third person singular present tense of care, to feel concern or interest for someone or something. Also used as a noun to mean worries or troubles.
- Caret: A symbol (^) used to indicate where something should be inserted in a text.
- Carex: A genus of grass-like plants that grow in wetlands and have triangular stems and small flowers.
- Cargo: The goods or merchandise carried by a ship, plane, truck, or train.
- Carks: Third person singular present tense of cark, to worry or distress someone. Also used as a noun to mean worries or troubles.
- Carle: A rude or rustic person, especially a peasant or a laborer. 5 letter words starting with car
- Carls: Plural form of carl, a rude or rustic person, especially a peasant or a laborer.
- Carme: A small moon of Jupiter that orbits in the opposite direction of most other moons.
- Carns: Plural form of carn, a pile of stones erected as a landmark or a memorial.
- Carny: A person who works in a carnival or a traveling amusement show. Also used as an adjective to describe something related to carnivals or their workers.
- Carob: A type of tree that produces edible pods that are often used as a substitute for chocolate. Also used to refer to the pods or their seeds.
- Carol: A song of praise or joy, especially one sung at Christmas. Also used as a verb to mean singing such songs.
- Carom: A rebound or ricochet of a ball or a bullet. Also used as a verb to mean bouncing off something.
- Caron: A diacritical mark (ˇ) placed over certain letters in some languages, such as Czech and Slovak, to indicate a change in pronunciation.
- Carpi: Plural form of carpus, the group of bones that form the wrist in humans and other mammals.
- Carps: Plural form of carp, a type of freshwater fish that is often farmed for food. Also used as a verb to mean complaining or finding fault with something.
- Carrs: Plural form of carr, a type of wetland that is dominated by shrubs and trees.
- Carry: To move or transport something or someone from one place to another. Also used to mean having or bearing something, such as a weapon, a disease, or a responsibility.
- Carse: A low-lying fertile land near a river. 5 letter words starting with car
- Carta: A charter or a document that grants rights or privileges.
- Carte: A menu that lists the dishes and prices separately, allowing the customer to choose what they want. Also used in the phrase à la carte, meaning according to the menu.
- Carts: Plural form of cart, a vehicle with two or four wheels that is pulled by an animal or a motor and used to transport goods or people. Also used as a verb to mean moving something or someone in a cart. 5 letter words starting with car
- Carve: To cut or shape something, such as wood, stone, or meat, with a knife or a tool. Also used to mean creating or making something by cutting or shaping.
- Carvy: Having many carvings or ornaments.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and learned some new 5 letter words starting with car. If you want to find more words like these, you can use online tools such as WordHippo2 or Best Word List14. You can also challenge yourself by making sentences with these words or using them in a word game with your friends. Have fun and happy learning!