But Thap Pagoda (Chùa Bút Tháp) is a Buddhist temple located in But Thap village, Thuan Thanh district, about 30 km from Hanoi city center. The temple was built in the 13th century and renovated several times in the following centuries.
The temple is also known as Ninh Phuc Tu (Temple of Peace and Happiness) or Di Da Tu (Mahayana Temple), because of its affiliation with the Mahayana sect of Buddhism. But Thap Pagoda is famous for its unique architecture that resembles a pen standing upright on the ground, with four gates, two corridors, ten buildings, and 100 compartments. The pagoda also houses many valuable relics, such as statues, paintings, scriptures, and a wooden tower that is considered the highest and most beautiful in Vietnam.
But Thap Pagoda is a popular destination for pilgrims and tourists who want to admire the beautiful and famous temple, as well as learn about the history and culture of the area. In this blog post, we will show you how to rent a car to But Thap Pagoda and explore the best things to do and see in But Thap Pagoda.
Why Rent a Car to But Thap Pagoda?
Renting a car to But Thap Pagoda is one of the best ways to travel from Hanoi to But Thap Pagoda and enjoy your visit at your own pace and convenience. By renting a car, you can:
- Save time: You can avoid the hassle of finding and waiting for public transportation, which may be crowded, slow, or unreliable. You can also choose the shortest and fastest route to your destination, without having to stop at multiple places along the way.
- Save money: You can compare different prices and options online and choose the one that suits your needs and budget. You can also save on fuel costs by choosing a fuel-efficient car type.
- Have flexibility: You can choose your own itinerary and schedule, without having to follow a fixed or limited tour program. You can also visit places that are not easily accessible by public transportation, such as the Dong Ho Painting Village or the Dau Pagoda.
- Have comfort: You can enjoy a comfortable and private mode of transportation, particularly during Hanoi’s hot and humid seasons. You can also avoid the hassle of carrying your luggage or dealing with crowded and noisy vehicles.
- Have safety: You can drive safely with a reliable and well-maintained car that meets the international standards and regulations. You can also avoid the risk of getting scammed or overcharged by dishonest drivers or operators.
How to Find the Best Deals and Services for Car Rental to But Thap Pagoda?
There are many factors that you need to consider when looking for the best deals and services for car rental to But Thap Pagoda, such as:
- Car type: You need to choose a car type that matches your group size, luggage needs, and preferences. There are different car types available for rent in Hanoi, such as economy, standard, SUV, people carrier, estate, convertible, or luxury. You can check out some examples and compare prices on platforms like Rentalcars.com1.
- Car rental company: You need to choose a reputable and trustworthy car rental company that offers high-quality cars and services. There are many car rental companies operating in Hanoi, such as Avis2, Rental Cars Hanoi3, or Hanoi Journey. You can read reviews and ratings from previous customers to get an idea of their performance and reputation.
- Pick-up and drop-off location: You need to choose a convenient and accessible pick-up and drop-off location for your car rental. The most common pick-up location is Noi Bai International Airport (HAN), which is about 45 km away from But Thap Pagoda. However, you can also choose other locations in the city, such as your hotel or a designated point.
- Booking method: You need to choose a convenient and secure booking method for your car rental. The most common booking method is online, where you can easily compare different options and prices, make reservations, and pay with cash or credit card. You can use platforms like Grab1, Welcome Pickups2, or Klook3 to book your car rental online or through their apps.
- Additional services: You need to check if there are any additional services or fees that are included or excluded in your car rental deal. Some of the common additional services or fees are insurance, fuel, driver, tolls, taxes, surcharges, or extras. You need to read the terms and conditions carefully before confirming your booking.
What to Do and See in But Thap Pagoda?
But Thap Pagoda offers a variety of attractions and activities for visitors of all ages and interests. Some of the highlights include:
- Four gates: These are the four entrances to the pagoda that are named after four sacred animals: dragon, unicorn, turtle, and phoenix. The gates have a sophisticated design with carved patterns and inscriptions. The gates also have statues of four heavenly kings who guard the pagoda.
- Two corridors: These are two long buildings that connect the four gates with the main hall. The corridors have wooden pillars and tiled roofs. The corridors also feature many paintings, sculptures, and scriptures that depict Buddhist stories and teachings.
- Main hall: This is a large building located in the center of the pagoda that is dedicated to Buddha Shakyamuni. The hall has a spacious interior with wooden pillars and tiled roofs. The hall also houses many statues of Buddha Shakyamuni and his disciples, as well as other bodhisattvas and deities. The hall is where visitors can pay respect to Buddha Shakyamuni’s statue and learn about his life and enlightenment.
- Wooden tower: This is a nine-story tower located behind the main hall that is considered the highest and most beautiful wooden tower in Vietnam. The tower was built in 1647 by Queen Trinh Thi Ngoc Truc as a memorial for her husband Lord Trinh Trang who died in battle. The tower has an octagonal shape with carved patterns and inscriptions. The tower also contains many relics of Lord Trinh Trang and his family members.
- Quan Am statue: This is a statue of Quan Am (Avalokitesvara), the bodhisattva of compassion, located in a small building near the wooden tower. The statue was carved from one piece of wood in 1656 by Nguyen Van Sinh, a famous sculptor who was also a monk at But Thap Pagoda. The statue has 11 heads and 42 arms that represent different aspects of compassion. The statue is said to have miraculous power that can grant wishes
Conclusion: Enjoy Your Visit to But Thap Pagoda with Car Rental
As you can see, renting a car to But Thap Pagoda is one of the best ways to visit this beautiful and famous temple from Hanoi. By renting a car, you can save time, money, have flexibility, comfort, and safety while exploring the unique architecture and culture of But Thap Pagoda.
We hope this blog post has helped you learn more about car rental to But Thap Pagoda and how to visit this attraction with ease. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. We would love to hear from you!