when can i travel to vietnam from australiaVietnam is a beautiful country with a rich culture, history and natural scenery. It is a popular destination for many Australian travellers who want to experience its diverse cuisine, friendly people and stunning landscapes. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travelling to Vietnam from Australia has been restricted and uncertain for a long time. In this blog post, we will answer some of the most common questions that you may have about travelling to Vietnam from Australia in 2023.
What are the current travel restrictions for Vietnam? when can i travel to vietnam from australia
As of May 2023, Vietnam is still closed to most foreign tourists, except for some special cases such as diplomats, experts, investors and their family members. These travellers need to obtain a visa and a travel permit from the Vietnamese authorities before entering the country. They also need to present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 72 hours before departure and undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine at designated hotels or facilities upon arrival.
However, Vietnam has announced that it will gradually reopen its borders to international visitors from low-risk countries and regions in the second half of 2023, following the successful vaccination campaign and the improvement of the pandemic situation. The list of eligible countries and regions will be updated regularly based on the assessment of the health ministry and the World Health Organization (WHO). when can i travel to vietnam from australia
What are the requirements for travelling to Vietnam from Australia?
If you are an Australian citizen or resident who wants to travel to Vietnam from Australia in 2023, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have a valid passport with at least six months of validity and two blank pages. when can i travel to vietnam from australia
- You must apply for an e-visa or a visa on arrival online through the official website of the Vietnamese immigration department or through a reputable travel agency. The e-visa costs US$25 and is valid for 30 days. The visa on arrival costs US$25 for the approval letter and US$25 for the stamping fee at the airport. It is valid for up to 90 days. You will need to provide your personal information, travel itinerary, passport photo and proof of accommodation. when can i travel to vietnam from australia
- You must have a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 72 hours before departure. You can take the PCR test or the rapid antigen test at any accredited testing centre in Australia. You will need to show the test result certificate at the check-in counter and at the immigration checkpoint in Vietnam. when can i travel to vietnam from australia
- You must have a travel insurance policy that covers COVID-19 related expenses, such as medical treatment, hospitalization and repatriation. You can purchase the insurance online or through your travel agent. The minimum coverage should be US$50,000.
- You must follow the health and safety protocols in Vietnam, such as wearing a mask, maintaining social distancing and avoiding crowded places. You will also need to download and register on the Health Declaration app and scan the QR codes at public places for contact tracing purposes. when can i travel to vietnam from australia
What are the best places to visit in Vietnam?
Vietnam has a lot to offer for travellers of all interests and preferences. Whether you are looking for cultural heritage, natural beauty, adventure or relaxation, you will find something that suits your taste in Vietnam. Here are some of the best places to visit in Vietnam in 2023:
- Hanoi: The capital city of Vietnam is a vibrant and charming place that combines the old and the new. You can explore its historical attractions, such as the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the Temple of Literature and the Old Quarter, or enjoy its modern amenities, such as the shopping malls, cafes and museums. Hanoi is also a great base to visit other nearby destinations, such as Halong Bay, Sapa and Ninh Binh.
- Ho Chi Minh City: The largest and most dynamic city in Vietnam is a hub of culture, commerce and entertainment. You can experience its colonial architecture, such as the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Central Post Office and the Opera House, or learn about its wartime history, such as the Cu Chi Tunnels, the War Remnants Museum and the Reunification Palace. Ho Chi Minh City is also a foodie’s paradise, with a variety of cuisines, from street food to fine dining. when can i travel to vietnam from australia
- Hoi An: The ancient town of Hoi An is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that preserves the charm and beauty of a bygone era. You can admire its colourful lanterns, wooden houses and silk shops, or take a boat ride along the Thu Bon River. Hoi An is also famous for its tailor-made clothing, pottery and leather goods. You can also enjoy its beaches, such as An Bang and Cua Dai, or visit its nearby attractions, such as the Marble Mountains and the My Son Sanctuary. when can i travel to vietnam from australia
- Da Nang: The coastal city of Da Nang is a modern and lively place that offers a range of activities and attractions for travellers. You can relax on its sandy beaches, such as My Khe and Non Nuoc, or explore its natural wonders, such as the Son Tra Peninsula, the Ba Na Hills and the Hai Van Pass. Da Nang is also home to some impressive landmarks, such as the Dragon Bridge, the Han River Bridge and the Golden Bridge. when can i travel to vietnam from australia
- Hue: The former imperial capital of Vietnam is a cultural and historical treasure that showcases the glory and grandeur of the Nguyen Dynasty. You can visit its majestic monuments, such as the Citadel, the Tombs of the Emperors and the Thien Mu Pagoda, or enjoy its scenic landscapes, such as the Perfume River, the Ngu Binh Mountain and the Bach Ma National Park. Hue is also known for its royal cuisine, such as the bun bo hue, the banh beo and the com hen. when can i travel to vietnam from australia
Vietnam is a wonderful destination that awaits you in 2023. With its diverse attractions, friendly people and delicious food, it will surely make your trip memorable and enjoyable. However, before you book your flight and pack your bags, make sure you check the latest travel updates and requirements for travelling to Vietnam from Australia. We hope this blog post has given you some useful information and tips for planning your trip. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please feel free to contact us. We are happy to help you with your travel needs. Thank you for reading and we hope to see you soon in Vietnam! when can i travel to vietnam from australia