vietnam trip quora Vietnam is a fascinating country that attracts millions of travelers every year. It has a rich culture, history, and natural beauty that make it a unique and diverse destination. However, traveling to Vietnam can also pose some challenges and questions for those who are not familiar with it.
In this blog post, I will answer some of the most common questions about traveling to Vietnam that I found on Quora, a popular platform where people can ask and answer questions on various topics. I hope this blog post will help you prepare for your Vietnam trip and make it more enjoyable and memorable. vietnam trip quora
Do I need a visa to visit Vietnam? vietnam trip quora
The answer to this question depends on your nationality and the length of your stay. Vietnam has a visa exemption policy for citizens of some countries, such as ASEAN members, Japan, South Korea, Russia, and some European countries. You can check the list of visa-exempt countries and the duration of their exemption on the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department. If your country is not on the list or you want to stay longer than the exemption period, you will need to apply for a visa before your trip. You can apply for a visa online (e-visa) or through a Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your country. You can also apply for a visa on arrival (VOA), which means you will get your visa at the airport in Vietnam after paying a fee and presenting an approval letter that you obtain online beforehand. However, VOA is only available for air travelers and may take longer time and more hassle than e-visa. vietnam trip quora
What is the best time to visit Vietnam?
The answer to this question depends on your preferences and the regions you want to visit. Vietnam has a tropical climate that varies from north to south and from coast to mountain. Generally speaking, the best time to visit Vietnam is from October to April, when the weather is dry and mild in most parts of the country. However, there are some exceptions and variations that you should consider:
- The north of Vietnam has four seasons: spring (February-April), summer (May-August), autumn (September-November), and winter (December-January). The spring and autumn are the most pleasant seasons, with moderate temperatures and low humidity. The summer is hot and humid, with frequent rain and storms. The winter is cold and dry, with occasional frost and snow in the mountains. vietnam trip quora
- The central of Vietnam has two seasons: dry (January-August) and wet (September-December). The dry season is hot and sunny, with occasional typhoons in the late summer. The wet season is cooler and rainier, with possible floods and landslides in some areas.
- The south of Vietnam has two seasons: dry (November-April) and wet (May-October). The dry season is warm and sunny, with occasional showers. The wet season is hot and humid, with heavy rain and thunderstorms. vietnam trip quora
You should also take into account the festivals and holidays that take place in Vietnam throughout the year. Some of the most important ones are:
- Tet (Vietnamese New Year), which usually falls in late January or early February. It is the biggest and most celebrated festival in Vietnam, when people visit their families, decorate their homes, exchange gifts, and enjoy traditional food and activities. However, it is also the busiest and most expensive time to travel in Vietnam, as many places are crowded, closed, or overpriced. vietnam trip quora
- Reunification Day (April 30) and International Workers’ Day (May 1), which mark the end of the Vietnam War and the labor movement respectively. They are national holidays that often result in long weekends and increased travel demand.
- Mid-Autumn Festival (late September or early October), which is a harvest festival that honors the moon and children. It is a colorful and joyful occasion, when people eat mooncakes, light lanterns, watch lion dances, and play games. vietnam trip quora
- Christmas (December 25), which is not an official holiday but widely celebrated by Christians and non-Christians alike. It is a festive time when people decorate their homes, streets, and shops with lights, trees, and Santa Claus figures.
What are some must-see places in Vietnam?
The answer to this question depends on your interests and preferences. Vietnam has a lot of attractions that cater to different tastes and styles. However, some of the most popular and recommended places in Vietnam are:
- Hanoi: The capital and cultural hub of Vietnam. It has a rich history that dates back to more than 1000 years ago. It has many landmarks that reflect its colonial past vietnam trip quora
- Hanoi: The capital and cultural hub of Vietnam. It has a rich history that dates back to more than 1000 years ago. It has many landmarks that reflect its colonial past and its revolutionary spirit, such as the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the Temple of Literature, the Old Quarter, the Hoan Kiem Lake, and the Hanoi Opera House. It also has a vibrant and diverse culture that can be seen in its museums, art galleries, theaters, and festivals. It is also a food paradise that offers some of the best dishes in Vietnam, such as pho, bun cha, cha ca, and egg coffee. vietnam trip quora
- Halong Bay: A UNESCO World Heritage Site that features thousands of limestone islands and islets rising from the emerald water. It is one of the most scenic and spectacular sights in Vietnam and in the world. It offers various activities and experiences, such as cruising, kayaking, hiking, swimming, fishing, and exploring caves. Some of the highlights of Halong Bay are the Sung Sot Cave, the Ti Top Island, the Floating Villages, and the Pearl Farm. vietnam trip quora
- Hue: The former imperial capital of Vietnam and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It preserves the legacy of the Nguyen Dynasty, which ruled Vietnam from 1802 to 1945. It has many historical and cultural attractions that showcase the royal and feudal life of Vietnam, such as the Imperial City, the Thien Mu Pagoda, the Tombs of the Emperors, and the Perfume River. It also has a distinctive cuisine that is influenced by the royal and Buddhist traditions, such as bun bo hue, banh beo, banh khoai, and che. vietnam trip quora
- Hoi An: A charming town that was once a major trading port in Southeast Asia. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that preserves the architecture and culture of various influences, such as Chinese, Japanese, French, and Vietnamese. It has many attractions that reflect its past and present, such as the Old Town, the Japanese Covered Bridge, the An Bang Beach, the Tra Que Vegetable Village, and the Tailor Shops. It also has a delicious cuisine that is influenced by its maritime and multicultural history, such as cao lau, banh mi, mi quang, and banh xeo.
- Ho Chi Minh City: The largest and most dynamic city in Vietnam. It is a metropolis that showcases the contrast between tradition and modernity. It has many attractions that reflect its history and culture, such as the Reunification Palace vietnam trip quora
- Ho Chi Minh City: The largest and most dynamic city in Vietnam. It is a metropolis that showcases the contrast between tradition and modernity. It has many attractions that reflect its history and culture, such as the Reunification Palace, the War Remnants Museum, the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Central Post Office, the Ben Thanh Market, and the Bitexco Financial Tower. It also has a vibrant and diverse culture that can be seen in its nightlife, entertainment, shopping, and festivals. It also has a mouthwatering cuisine that is influenced by its cosmopolitan and colonial past, such as banh cuon, hu tieu, com tam, and che ba mau. vietnam trip quora
- Mekong Delta: A region that covers the southern part of Vietnam and is where the Mekong River splits into nine branches before reaching the sea. It is a fertile area that produces most of Vietnam’s rice, fruits, and fish. It offers a glimpse of the rural and authentic life of Vietnam, with its lush landscapes, floating markets, coconut islands, pagodas, and bridges. It also offers a variety of activities and experiences, such as boating, cycling, fishing, and visiting farms. It also has a unique cuisine that is influenced by its aquatic and tropical environment, such as banh xeo, banh canh ghe, banh cong, and ca tai tuong chien xu. vietnam trip quora
- Phu Quoc Island: A tropical island that lies off the coast of Cambodia in the Gulf of Thailand. It is a popular destination for beach lovers and nature lovers. It has many attractions that offer relaxation and adventure, such as the Long Beach, the Phu Quoc National Park, the Dinh Cau Rock Temple, the Phu Quoc Prison Museum, and the Phu Quoc Night Market. It also has a delicious cuisine that is influenced by its maritime and island location, such as bun quay, banh canh ghe, banh tet, and sim wine. vietnam trip quora
How much does it cost to travel in Vietnam?
The answer to this question depends on your travel style and budget. Vietnam is generally considered a cheap destination compared to other countries in Southeast Asia and in the world. However, the cost of traveling in Vietnam can vary depending on your choices of accommodation, transportation, food, activities, and souvenirs. Here are some rough estimates of the average daily expenses for different types of travelers in Vietnam:
- Backpacker: $15-$25 per day. This includes staying in dorms or cheap guesthouses ($5-$10), eating street food or local restaurants ($3-$5), taking buses or trains ($2-$5), doing free or low-cost activities ($0-$5), and buying souvenirs ($0-$5).
- Mid-range: $40-$60 per day. This includes staying in mid-range hotels or homestays ($15-$25), eating at decent restaurants or cafes ($10-$15), taking taxis or flights ($5-$10), doing moderate activities ($5-$10), and buying souvenirs ($0-$10).
- Luxury: $100-$200 per day. This includes staying in luxury hotels or resorts ($50-$100), eating at high-end restaurants or bars ($20-$30), taking private cars or flights ($10-$20), doing expensive activities ($10-$20), and buying souvenirs ($0-$20).
Of course, these are just approximate numbers and you can always find ways to save money or splurge more depending on your preferences. vietnam trip quora
Vietnam is a country that has a lot to offer for travelers who want to experience its culture, history, nature, and cuisine. A Vietnam trip can be a rewarding and unforgettable experience if you plan it well and prepare for it properly. I hope this blog post has answered some of the most common questions about traveling to Vietnam that I found on Quora. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Thank you for reading! vietnam trip quora