vietnam travel vlog Vietnam is a country that has a lot to offer for travelers who love culture, nature, history and adventure. From the bustling cities of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, to the serene landscapes of Halong Bay and Sapa, to the rich heritage of Hue and Hoi An, Vietnam will amaze you with its diversity and beauty. In this blog post, I will share with you my experience of traveling in Vietnam for two weeks, and give you some tips and recommendations on how to make the most of your trip.
How to Plan Your Vietnam Travel Vlog
Before you pack your bags and camera, you need to do some planning and preparation for your Vietnam travel vlog. Here are some things to consider:
- Visa: Depending on your nationality, you may need a visa to enter Vietnam. You can check the visa requirements and apply online at https://vietnamvisa.govt.vn/. You can also get a visa on arrival at some airports, but you need to have a pre-approved letter from a travel agency or an embassy. Make sure you have your visa sorted out before you fly.
- Budget: Vietnam is a relatively affordable destination, but the cost of living can vary depending on where you go and what you do. You can expect to spend around $20-$50 per day on average for accommodation, food, transportation and activities. Of course, you can splurge or save more depending on your preferences and style. You can use apps like XE Currency or Numbeo to get an idea of the prices and exchange rates in Vietnam.
- Itinerary: Vietnam is a long and narrow country that stretches from north to south, with different climates and attractions in each region. You can choose to travel from north to south, or vice versa, or focus on one area that interests you the most. You can also mix and match different modes of transportation, such as flights, trains, buses or motorbikes, to get around the country. You can use websites like Vietnam Online or Lonely Planet to get some inspiration and information on the best places to visit and things to do in Vietnam.
- Equipment: To make a good travel vlog, you need to have some basic equipment that can capture your journey in high quality and with good sound. You don’t need to have a professional camera or a drone, but you do need to have a decent smartphone or a compact camera that can record videos in HD or 4K resolution. You also need to have a tripod or a gimbal stabilizer that can keep your shots steady and smooth. You may also want to have a microphone or a lapel mic that can reduce the background noise and enhance your voice. And don’t forget to have enough memory cards and batteries to store your footage and keep your devices charged.
How to Make Your Vietnam Travel Vlog
Once you have done your planning and preparation, you are ready to make your Vietnam travel vlog. Here are some tips and tricks on how to make your vlog engaging and memorable:
- Tell a story: Your vlog should not be just a collection of random clips of places you visit or things you do. It should have a clear beginning, middle and end, and a theme or a message that connects them all. Think about what you want to share with your audience, what emotions you want to evoke, what insights you want to provide. For example, you can make your vlog about how Vietnam surprised you with its diversity and charm, how you learned about its history and culture, how you met some amazing people along the way, etc.
- Show your personality: Your vlog should reflect who you are as a traveler and as a person. Don’t be afraid to show your face and talk to the camera. Share your opinions, feelings, thoughts and experiences. Be honest, authentic and relatable. Don’t try to copy someone else’s style or tone. Be yourself and let your audience get to know you better.
- Be creative: Your vlog should not be boring or repetitive. Try to spice it up with some creative elements that can make it more interesting and fun. For example, you can use different angles and perspectives to capture your scenes, such as wide shots, close-ups, aerial shots, etc. You can also use different transitions and effects to edit your clips, such as cuts, fades, zooms, etc. You can also add some music and sound effects to enhance the mood and atmosphere of your vlog. You can use apps like InShot or FilmoraGo to edit your videos on your phone or tablet.
- Be informative: Your vlog should not be just about you and your personal experience. It should also provide some useful information and tips for your audience who may want to visit Vietnam or learn more about it. For example, you can mention the names and locations of the places you visit, the prices and opening hours of the attractions you see, the best time and way to travel to each destination, the local customs and etiquette you need to follow, etc. You can also share some fun facts and trivia about Vietnam that can make your vlog more educational and entertaining.
How to Share Your Vietnam Travel Vlog
After you have made your Vietnam travel vlog, you need to share it with the world. Here are some ways to do that:
- Upload it to YouTube: YouTube is the most popular platform for vlogging and video sharing. You can create your own channel and upload your vlog there. You can also optimize your video title, description, tags and thumbnail to make it more searchable and attractive. You can also interact with your viewers by responding to their comments and feedback. You can use tools like TubeBuddy or VidIQ to help you grow your YouTube channel and reach more audience.
- Post it on social media: Social media is another great way to share your vlog and connect with your audience. You can post your vlog on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok or Twitter. You can also use hashtags, captions and stories to promote your vlog and engage with your followers. You can also join groups and communities related to travel, Vietnam or vlogging, and share your vlog there. You can use tools like Buffer or Hootsuite to schedule and manage your social media posts.
- Embed it on your blog or website: If you have a blog or a website, you can embed your vlog there and write a blog post about it. You can also add some photos, links and other resources that can complement your vlog and provide more value for your readers. You can also invite your readers to subscribe to your newsletter or follow you on social media for more updates. You can use platforms like WordPress or Wix to create and host your blog or website.
Vietnam is a wonderful country that deserves to be explored and documented. By making a Vietnam travel vlog, you can capture the essence of this land of wonders and share it with others. I hope this blog post has given you some ideas and inspiration on how to plan, make and share your Vietnam travel vlog. Happy vlogging! 🎥