vietnam travel visa If you are planning to visit Vietnam, one of the most important things you need to prepare is your visa. Vietnam has different visa requirements and options depending on your nationality, purpose of visit, and length of stay. In this blog post, we will guide you through everything you need to know about Vietnam travel visa, including:
- Who needs a visa to enter Vietnam and who is exempted
- What are the types of visas available for Vietnam
- How to apply for a visa online or at the embassy
- How much does a visa cost and how long does it take to process
- What are the common mistakes to avoid when applying for a visa
- What are the best tips and tricks to make your visa application easier and faster
Who Needs a Visa to Enter Vietnam and Who is Exempted
Vietnam has a visa exemption policy for citizens of some countries and regions, which means they can enter Vietnam without a visa for a certain period of time. The list of visa-exempt countries and regions and their allowed duration of stay are as follows:
- ASEAN countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand): 30 days
- Chile: 90 days
- Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom: 15 days
- Kyrgyzstan: 30 days (from August 5th 2017)
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) holders: 60 days
If you are not from one of these countries or regions, or if you want to stay longer than the allowed duration, you will need to apply for a visa before entering Vietnam.
What are the Types of Visas Available for Vietnam
There are mainly two types of visas available for Vietnam: e-visa and visa on arrival.
E-visa is an electronic visa that you can apply for online through the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department. It is valid for single entry and up to 30 days of stay. You can use it to enter Vietnam through 33 designated ports of entry, including 8 international airports, 16 land border crossings, and 9 seaports. vietnam travel visa
To apply for an e-visa, you need to fill out an online form with your personal and travel information, upload a passport photo and a copy of your passport bio page, and pay a fee of $25 USD by credit card. You will receive an email confirmation with a registration code within 3 working days. You can then use this code to check the status of your application and download your e-visa once it is approved. vietnam travel visa
You need to print out your e-visa and present it along with your passport at the immigration checkpoint when you arrive in Vietnam. You do not need to pay any additional fee or stamping fee at the airport. vietnam travel visa
Visa on Arrival
Visa on arrival is a type of visa that you can obtain upon arrival at one of the international airports in Vietnam. It is valid for multiple entries and up to 90 days of stay. However, you cannot use it to enter Vietnam through land or sea ports. vietnam travel visa
To apply for a visa on arrival, you need to obtain a visa approval letter from a licensed travel agency or online service provider before your departure. You need to fill out an online form with your personal and travel information, choose the type and duration of your visa (1 month or 3 months; single entry or multiple entry), and pay a service fee ranging from $6 USD to $50 USD depending on your choice. You will receive an email confirmation with your visa approval letter within 2 working days. vietnam travel visa
You need to print out your visa approval letter and prepare two passport photos (4×6 cm) and some cash in USD for the stamping fee ($25 USD for single entry; $50 USD for multiple entry). When you arrive in Vietnam, you need to fill out an entry/exit form (which you can download online or get at the airport), present your passport, visa approval letter, photos, and stamping fee at the visa on arrival counter. You will then receive your visa stamp on your passport. vietnam travel visa
How to Apply for a Visa Online or at the Embassy
If you prefer to apply for a visa online or at the embassy, you have two more options: e-visa plus and visa sticker.
E-visa plus is an upgraded version of e-visa that allows you to enter Vietnam through any port of entry, not just the 33 designated ones. It is also valid for single entry and up to 30 days of stay. You can apply for it online through the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department, just like the regular e-visa. The only difference is that you need to pay a higher fee of $40 USD by credit card. vietnam travel visa
You will receive an email confirmation with a registration code within 3 working days. You can then use this code to check the status of your application and download your e-visa plus once it is approved. vietnam travel visa
You need to print out your e-visa plus and present it along with your passport at the immigration checkpoint when you arrive in Vietnam. You do not need to pay any additional fee or stamping fee at the airport. vietnam travel visa
Visa sticker is a traditional visa that you can apply for at the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your country or in a third country. It is valid for multiple entries and up to 90 days of stay. You can use it to enter Vietnam through any port of entry.
To apply for a visa sticker, you need to fill out an application form with your personal and travel information, prepare two passport photos (4×6 cm), a copy of your passport bio page, and a copy of your flight itinerary or hotel reservation. You also need to pay a fee ranging from $60 USD to $180 USD depending on the type and duration of your visa. You can either submit your application in person or by mail.
You will receive your passport with the visa sticker attached within 5 working days if you apply in person, or within 10 working days if you apply by mail. You do not need to pay any additional fee or stamping fee at the airport.
How Much Does a Visa Cost and How Long Does It Take to Process
The cost and processing time of a visa depend on the type of visa you choose and the method of application you use. Here is a summary table for your reference:
|Type of Visa||Method of Application||Fee||Processing Time|
|E-visa||Online||$25 USD||3 working days|
|E-visa Plus||Online||$40 USD||3 working days|
|Visa on Arrival||Online + Airport||$6 USD – $50 USD (service fee) + $25 USD – $50 USD (stamping fee)||2 working days (online) + 15 minutes (airport)|
|Visa Sticker||Embassy or Consulate||$60 USD – $180 USD||5 working days (in person) or 10 working days (by mail)|
What are the Common Mistakes to Avoid When Applying for a Visa
When applying for a visa, there are some common mistakes that you should avoid to prevent any delays or rejections. Here are some tips to help you avoid them:
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry and has at least 2 blank pages.
- Make sure your passport photo and copy are clear and recent, and match the information on your passport. vietnam travel visa
- Make sure your visa approval letter or e-visa matches the information on your passport and your travel itinerary.
- Make sure you fill out the online form or application form correctly and completely, without any typos or errors.
- Make sure you choose the right type and duration of visa for your purpose of visit and length of stay. vietnam travel visa
- Make sure you apply for your visa well in advance, at least one week before your departure date.
- Make sure you check the status of your application and download your visa approval letter or e-visa once it is approved.
- Make sure you print out your visa approval letter or e-visa and bring it along with your passport, photos, and stamping fee when you travel.
What are the Best Tips and Tricks to Make Your Visa Application Easier and Faster
If you want to make your visa application easier and faster, here are some tips and tricks that you can follow:
- Compare the different types of visas and choose the one that suits your needs and budget best. vietnam travel visa
- Use a reliable and reputable online service provider or travel agency to get your visa approval letter or e-visa, as they can save you time and hassle.
- Apply for an e-visa plus if you want more flexibility in choosing your port of entry, as it covers all ports of entry in Vietnam.
- Apply for a multiple entry visa if you plan to visit other countries in Southeast Asia and return to Vietnam within the same trip, as it allows you to enter Vietnam multiple times without reapplying for a visa. vietnam travel visa
- Check the validity and expiry date of your visa and make sure you do not overstay your visa, as it can result in fines or deportation.
- Keep a copy of your visa approval letter or e-visa on your phone or email, in case you lose the printed one.
- Be prepared to show proof of your onward or return ticket, hotel reservation, or invitation letter if asked by the immigration officer.
- Be respectful and polite to the immigration officers and follow their instructions. vietnam travel visa
Vietnam travel visa is a beautiful and diverse country that offers many attractions and experiences for travelers. However, before you can enjoy its wonders, you need to make sure you have a valid visa to enter the country. By following this guide, you can learn everything you need to know about Vietnam travel visa, and choose the best option for your trip. We hope this blog post has been helpful and informative for you. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Thank you for reading and happy travels! 🛫