vietnam travel restrictions 2022 Vietnam is a country that has a lot to offer for travelers who are looking for a diverse, cultural, and natural destination in Southeast Asia. Vietnam has a rich history, a vibrant cuisine, a stunning scenery, and a friendly people. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Vietnam has been closed to most international visitors since March 2020, and has imposed strict measures to contain the virus. As of June 2023, Vietnam has reported over 4,000 cases and 35 deaths from Covid-19, and has vaccinated over 70% of its population.
However, there is good news for travelers who want to visit Vietnam in 2022. Vietnam officially reopened its borders to all international visitors on March 15, 2022, after two years of being closed1. Vietnam resumed visa issuance for tourists in 2022, and most travelers can apply for an e-visa1. Foreign travelers are not required to take a pre-departure Covid-19 test or show proof of vaccination prior to arrival123.
In this blog post, we will give you some information and tips on how to plan your Vietnam travel in 2022, what are the entry requirements, what are the health and safety protocols, and what are the best places to visit. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
Entry Requirements for Vietnam Travel in 2022
Before you book your flight and pack your bags, there are some things you need to know about the entry requirements for Vietnam travel in 2022. Here are some of them:
- Visa: As an international visitor, you need a valid visa to enter Vietnam, unless you are from one of the visa-exempt countries that can stay for up to 15 or 30 days without a visa. You can check the list of visa-exempt countries here:
- https://lanhsuvietnam.gov.vn/Lists/BaiViet/B%C3%A0i%20vi%E1%BA%BFt/DispForm.aspx?List=dc7c7d75-6a32-4215-afeb-47d4bee70eee&ID=306 You can apply for an e-visa online through the official website: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/ The e-visa costs $25 USD and allows you to stay for up to 30 days with a single entry. You need to have a passport with at least six months of validity and two blank pages, a digital photo of yourself, and a credit or debit card to pay the fee. You should apply for the e-visa at least three days before your departure date. You will receive an approval letter by email that you need to print out and show at the immigration checkpoint. Alternatively, you can apply for a visa on arrival through an authorized agency that will provide you with an approval letter that you need to print out and show at the airport. You will also need to pay a stamping fee of $25 USD for a single entry visa or $50 USD for a multiple entry visa at the airport. You can check some of the reputable agencies here: https://www.vietnam-evisa.org/ or https://www.vietnam-visa.com/ vietnam travel restrictions 2022
- Health Declaration: As an international visitor, you need to fill out an online health declaration form before your arrival in Vietnam. You can access the form here: https://tokhaiyte.vn/ You need to provide your personal information, travel history, health status, and contact details. You will receive a QR code that you need to show at the airport or border checkpoint. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
- Covid-19 Test and Vaccination: As of May 15 2022, Vietnam suspended all Covid-19 requirements for foreign tourists to enter the country123. You do not need to show proof of Covid vaccination. You do not need to show a negative PCR test on entry to Vietnam at Immigration. However, you may still need to comply with the Covid-19 regulations of your airline or transit country, so make sure to check with them before your departure. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
Health and Safety Protocols for Vietnam Travel in 2022
Once you arrive in Vietnam, you need to follow the health and safety protocols that are in place to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Here are some of them:
- Temperature Screening: You will undergo a temperature screening at the airport or border checkpoint. If you have a fever or any symptoms of Covid-19, you will be isolated and tested for Covid-19. If you test positive, you will be transferred to a designated hospital for treatment. If you test negative, you will be allowed to enter Vietnam. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
- Mask Wearing: You are required to wear a mask in public places, such as airports, train stations, bus stations, markets, shops, restaurants, hotels, and tourist attractions. You may be fined if you do not wear a mask or wear it improperly. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
- Social Distancing: You are advised to keep a distance of at least one meter from other people in public places. You should avoid crowded places and large gatherings. You should also follow the instructions and signs of the authorities and staff at the places you visit. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
- Hand Hygiene: You are advised to wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer. You should also avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. You should also cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when you cough or sneeze. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
- Contact Tracing: You are advised to download and use the Bluezone app on your smartphone. The app is a contact tracing tool that uses Bluetooth to alert you if you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19. You can download the app here: https://www.bluezone.gov.vn/ You are also advised to scan the QR codes at the places you visit to register your information and check-in. This will help the authorities to track and trace any potential Covid-19 cases. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
Best Places to Visit in Vietnam in 2022
Vietnam is a country that has a lot of attractions and destinations for travelers to explore and enjoy. Depending on your interests and preferences, you can choose from different regions and cities in Vietnam, such as:
- Hanoi: The capital city of Vietnam and a cultural hub with many museums, temples, and colonial buildings. You can visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the Temple of Literature, the Hoan Kiem Lake, the Old Quarter, and the Hanoi Opera House. You can also enjoy some of the best street food and coffee in Vietnam. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
- Ha Long Bay: A UNESCO World Heritage Site with thousands of limestone islands and caves in the Gulf of Tonkin. You can take a cruise on a traditional wooden junk boat and enjoy the scenery of limestone karsts, emerald waters, and hidden caves. You can also join some activities, such as kayaking, swimming, fishing, or hiking on some of the islands. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
- Sapa: A mountainous town in the northwest that offers trekking opportunities and stunning views of rice terraces and ethnic villages. You can interact with the local ethnic minorities, such as the Hmong, Dao, Tay, and Giay, who live in colorful villages and wear traditional costumes. You can join a guided tour or hire a local guide to take you on a trek that suits your level and preference. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
- Hue: The former imperial capital of Vietnam and a UNESCO World Heritage Site with many historical monuments and tombs. You can visit the Imperial City, which is a walled complex that houses many palaces, temples, pavilions, and gardens. You can also visit the royal tombs of the Nguyen emperors, which are scattered along the Perfume River and have different styles and architectures. You can also enjoy a boat ride on the river or a cyclo ride around the city. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
- Hoi An: A charming ancient town on the central coast that preserves its old-world charm and architecture. It was once a major trading port that attracted merchants from China, Japan, India, and Europe, and it still reflects their influences in its architecture and culture. You can wander around the old town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and admire its yellow houses, lanterns, wooden bridges, and temples. You can also shop for souvenirs, such as silk, ceramics, paintings, or custom-made clothes at one of the many tailors in town. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
- Da Nang: A modern city on the central coast that boasts beautiful beaches, mountains, and bridges. You can visit the My Khe Beach, the Marble Mountains, the Son Tra Peninsula, and the Dragon Bridge. You can also visit the Ba Na Hills, a resort complex that features a cable car, a theme park, a French village, and a golden bridge. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
- Nha Trang: A popular beach resort town on the south-central coast that offers water sports, nightlife, and island hopping. The beach is long and wide, with soft white sand and clear blue water. You can also find many hotels, restaurants, bars, and clubs along the beachfront that cater to different budgets and tastes. You can also join some water sports activities, such as snorkeling, diving, surfing, or parasailing. Alternatively, you can take a boat trip to some of the nearby islands, such as Hon Mun or Hon Tam, where you can find more secluded beaches and coral reefs. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
- Da Lat: A hill station in the central highlands that has a cool climate, pine forests, waterfalls, and flowers. You can visit the Xuan Huong Lake, the Valley of Love, the Crazy House, and the Dalat Flower Garden. You can also join some adventure activities, such as hiking, biking, rafting, or canyoning.
- Ho Chi Minh City: The largest city in Vietnam and a commercial center with many attractions, such as museums, markets, pagodas, and skyscrapers. You can visit the War Remnants Museum, the Reunification Palace, the Notre Dame Cathedral, and the Ben Thanh Market. You can also enjoy some of the best food and coffee in Vietnam, as well as sample some of the local specialties, such as pho, banh mi, and spring rolls. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
- Mekong Delta: A fertile region in the south that is crisscrossed by rivers and canals and dotted with villages, farms, and floating markets. You can take a boat tour along its rivers and canals and see how the locals live and work on their farms, orchards, and floating markets. You can also visit some of the attractions in the delta, such as Vinh Trang Pagoda, Cai Rang Floating Market, or Tra Su Bird Sanctuary. vietnam travel restrictions 2022
Vietnam is a country that has a lot to offer for travelers who want to visit in 2022. Vietnam has reopened its borders to all international visitors since March 15 2022, and has suspended all Covid-19 requirements for foreign tourists to enter the country . Vietnam has a rich history, diverse culture, stunning natural beauty, and friendly people. It also has a variety of experiences and activities for travelers of all tastes and preferences. Whether you are looking for adventure, relaxation, or cultural immersion, Vietnam has something for everyone.
We hope this blog post has given you some useful information and tips on how to plan your Vietnam travel in 2022, what are the entry requirements, what are the health and safety protocols, and what are the best places to visit. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. We would love to hear from you. Thank you for reading and happy travels!