vietnam travel quarantine Vietnam is a beautiful and diverse country that attracts millions of travelers every year. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Vietnam has imposed some travel restrictions and quarantine measures to prevent the spread of the virus and protect the health of its people and visitors. If you are planning to travel to Vietnam in summer 2023, you need to know what these rules are and how they affect your trip.
In this blog post, I will share with you some of the latest information and updates on Vietnam travel quarantine, and what you need to do and prepare before you go.
Do I Need a Visa to Enter Vietnam? vietnam travel quarantine
Yes, you need a visa to enter Vietnam, unless you are from one of the visa-exempt countries that can stay for a certain number of days without a visa. You can check the list of visa-exempt countries and the duration of stay here.
If you need a visa, you can apply for an e-visa online at https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/, which is valid for 30 days and allows single entry. The e-visa fee is 25 USD and the processing time is 3 working days. You will receive your e-visa code by email to print your visa. vietnam travel quarantine
Alternatively, you can apply for a tourist visa at the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your country, or get a visa on arrival at the airport with a pre-approval letter from a travel agency. The tourist visa is valid for up to 90 days and allows single or multiple entries. The visa fee varies depending on the type and duration of your visa. vietnam travel quarantine
Do I Need a COVID-19 Test to Enter Vietnam?
Yes, you need a negative COVID-19 test result to enter Vietnam. The test must be a RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours before your departure. You must present your test result certificate at the check-in counter of your airline and at the immigration counter of your arrival airport. vietnam travel quarantine
If you do not have a negative COVID-19 test result, you will not be allowed to board your flight or enter Vietnam.
Do I Need to Quarantine Upon Arrival in Vietnam?
No, you do not need to quarantine upon arrival in Vietnam if you meet the following conditions:
- You have a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 72 hours before your departure. vietnam travel quarantine
- You have a tourist visa and travel insurance that covers COVID-19 treatment in Vietnam.
- You have booked your accommodation and transportation through a licensed travel agency in Vietnam.
- You follow the health declaration, screening and testing procedures at your arrival airport. vietnam travel quarantine
- You follow the health monitoring and reporting requirements during your stay in Vietnam.
If you do not meet these conditions, you will need to quarantine for 21 days at a designated facility or hotel at your own expense. You will also need to take two more COVID-19 tests on the 7th and 14th day of your quarantine. vietnam travel quarantine
What Else Do I Need to Know Before I Go?
Before you go to Vietnam, you also need to know some other important information and tips:
- You need to fill out an online health declaration form at https://tokhaiyte.vn/ before your departure. You will receive a QR code that you need to show at the airport. vietnam travel quarantine
- You need to wear a mask and practice social distancing at all times when you are in public places or on public transportation in Vietnam.
- You need to download and use the Bluezone app on your smartphone, which is an official contact tracing app that alerts you if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. vietnam travel quarantine
- You need to call the health hotline 1900 9095 (press 1 for English) if you have any symptoms or concerns related to COVID-19 while you are in Vietnam. vietnam travel quarantine
- You need to check the latest travel updates and advisories from your government and the Vietnamese government before and during your trip.
Vietnam is a wonderful country that welcomes travelers with open arms. However, due to the COVID-19 situation, it is important that you follow the rules and regulations regarding Vietnam travel quarantine and take precautions to protect yourself and others from the virus. By doing so, you can enjoy your trip to Vietnam safely and responsibly. Have a great time in Vietnam!