vietnam travel policy Vietnam is a wonderful and welcoming destination for travelers who want to experience its culture, nature, food, and people. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Vietnam has implemented some travel policies and restrictions that affect the entry and exit of international visitors. In this blog post, we will provide you with the latest and most accurate information on the Vietnam travel policy, and what you need to know before you go.
Who Can Travel to Vietnam?
- Visitors from the countries that have a visa exemption agreement with Vietnam can enter Vietnam without a visa for a limited time, depending on their country. You can check the list of visa-exempt countries and the exemption period on the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department2. vietnam travel policy
- Visitors from any country that is not eligible for a visa exemption can apply for a visa online or at a Vietnamese embassy or consulate in their country. You can choose from different types of visas, such as e-visa, visa on arrival, or visa at the embassy or consulate. You can check the eligibility and requirements for each type of visa on the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department2. vietnam travel policy
- Visitors who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 with a vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) or by Vietnam can enter Vietnam with a valid visa and a negative Covid-19 test result taken within 72 hours before departure. You also need to show your vaccination certificate or card with a QR code that can be verified by Vietnam’s health authorities1. vietnam travel policy
- Visitors who have not been vaccinated or have been vaccinated with a vaccine not approved by WHO or by Vietnam can enter Vietnam with a valid visa and a negative Covid-19 test result taken within 72 hours before departure. However, you also need to undergo a 7-day quarantine at a designated hotel or facility upon arrival, and take another Covid-19 test on the 6th day of quarantine. If the test result is negative, you can end your quarantine and travel freely in Vietnam1. vietnam travel policy
How to Apply for a Vietnam Visa?
Depending on your nationality and the type of visa you want, you can apply for a Vietnam visa online or at a Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your country. Here are the steps and tips for each option:
- To apply for an e-visa, which is valid for 30 days and allows single entry, you need to visit the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department2 and fill out the online application form with your personal and travel information. You also need to upload a passport photo and a passport data page in .jpg format, and pay a fee of 25 USD with your credit card or PayPal account. You will receive your e-visa by email within 3 working days, and you need to print it out and bring it with you when you travel to Vietnam. You can enter Vietnam through any of the 33 designated ports of entry, including 8 international airports, 16 land border crossings, and 9 seaports2. vietnam travel policy
- To apply for a visa on arrival, which allows you to choose the duration and the number of entries for your visa, from 30 days to one year, and from single entry to multiple entries, you need to visit a reputable and reliable website that offers online visa services for Vietnam, such as Vietnam Visa, Vietnam Evisa, or Vietnam Visa Online. You need to fill out the online application form with your personal and travel information, and pay a service fee with your credit card or PayPal account. You will receive a visa approval letter by email within a few days or hours, and you need to print it out and bring it with you when you travel to Vietnam. You also need to prepare two passport photos, a completed entry-exit form, and a stamping fee in cash (USD or VND) at the airport. You can get your visa on arrival at one of the international airports in Vietnam, such as Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, or Nha Trang1. vietnam travel policy
- To apply for a visa at the embassy or consulate, which allows you to get your visa in advance, or if you are not eligible for an online visa option, you need to find the nearest Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your country on the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam3. You need to contact the embassy or consulate by phone, email, or in person to check the requirements and procedures for applying for a Vietnam visa. You may need to make an appointment in advance, depending on the embassy or consulate. You need to prepare the required documents for your visa application, such as your original passport with at least six months of validity and two blank pages, a completed and signed visa application form, two passport-sized photos, a return or onward ticket, and a visa fee. The fee varies depending on the type, duration, and number of entries of your visa, and the embassy or consulate you apply at. You can check the fee on the website or by contacting the embassy or consulate. You need to submit your visa application and documents in person or by mail to the embassy or consulate, and wait for a few days or weeks, depending on the processing time and the embassy or consulate you apply at. You will receive your visa by mail or in person from the embassy or consulate1. vietnam travel policy
What to Do After You Get Your Vietnam Visa?
After you get your Vietnam visa, you are ready to travel to Vietnam. However, there are some things you should do before and after you arrive in Vietnam:
- Check your visa carefully and make sure it matches your personal and travel information. If you find any errors or discrepancies, contact the website, the embassy, or the consulate that issued your visa as soon as possible. vietnam travel policy
- Keep your visa and passport with you at all times when you travel to Vietnam. You may need to show them at the immigration checkpoints, the hotels, and other places. vietnam travel policy
- Follow the health and safety guidelines and regulations of Vietnam regarding Covid-19 prevention and control. You may need to wear a mask, practice social distancing, use hand sanitizer, scan QR codes, and avoid crowded places. You may also need to show your vaccination certificate or card, your negative Covid-19 test result, and your quarantine confirmation if applicable. vietnam travel policy
- Enjoy your trip to Vietnam and have a wonderful time!
Traveling to Vietnam is not difficult or complicated, if you follow the steps and tips in this blog post. You can choose the visa option that suits your preference and eligibility, and apply for it online or offline. You can also expect and do a lot of things in Vietnam, as it is a country that has a lot to offer for travelers. So what are you waiting for? Apply for your Vietnam visa today and get ready for an amazing trip to Vietnam! vietnam travel policy