vietnam travel money Vietnam is a country that will impress and delight you with its beauty, diversity, and charm. Vietnam is a country that has a rich and complex history, a vibrant and colorful culture, a stunning and varied natural scenery, and a friendly and hospitable people. Vietnam is also a country that offers something for everyone, whether you are looking for a relaxing beach holiday, a cultural exploration, a nature discovery, or an active adventure.
But how much does it cost to travel to Vietnam? How do you manage your money in Vietnam? How do you save money and avoid scams in Vietnam? In this blog post, we will answer these questions and more. We will give you some of the best tips and advice for your budget in Vietnam. We will share with you some of the best Vietnam travel money recommendations, based on our experience and feedback from our clients. We will help you plan and enjoy your trip to Vietnam without breaking the bank.
Before You Go: How to Budget and What to Exchange vietnam travel money
The first thing you need to do before traveling to Vietnam is to set your budget and exchange your money. Here are some of the things you need to budget and exchange for your trip to Vietnam:
- Budget: You need to set a realistic and flexible budget for your trip to Vietnam, depending on your travel style, your travel duration, your travel season, and your travel itinerary. vietnam travel money You can use online tools or apps to help you estimate your daily expenses in Vietnam, such as accommodation, food, transportation, tours, activities, entrance fees, tips, souvenirs, etc. You can also use online guides or blogs to help you compare the prices and the quality of different options in Vietnam, such as hotels, restaurants, attractions, etc. You can also use online reviews or forums to help you get some feedback and advice from other travelers who have been to Vietnam. You should also leave some room for unexpected costs or emergencies in your budget, such as medical expenses, visa fees, flight changes, etc. vietnam travel money
- Exchange: You need to exchange some money for your trip to Vietnam, as the currency of Vietnam is the Vietnamese dong (VND), which is divided into 10 hao and 100 xu. The exchange rate is about 23,000 VND for 1 USD. vietnam travel money You can exchange your money at the airport, banks, hotels, or authorized exchange shops in Vietnam. You can also withdraw money from ATMs, which are widely available in major cities and tourist areas in Vietnam. You can also use credit cards or debit cards in some hotels, restaurants, or shops in Vietnam, but they may charge a fee or a commission. You should check with your bank before traveling to Vietnam about the fees and the limits of your cards. You should also inform your bank about your travel plans to avoid any problems or frauds. vietnam travel money
During Your Trip: How to Spend and What to Save
The second thing you need to do during your trip to Vietnam is to spend your money wisely and save your money smartly. Here are some of the ways you can spend and save your money in Vietnam:
- Spend: You need to spend your money carefully and responsibly in Vietnam, as there are many temptations and traps that may lure you or trick you into spending more than you need or want. You should always compare the prices and the quality of different options before buying or booking anything in Vietnam, such as hotels, restaurants, attractions, tours, etc. You should also always ask for the price and the receipt before paying for anything in Vietnam, such as taxis, street food, souvenirs, etc. You should also always bargain or negotiate the price when buying or booking anything in Vietnam, especially in markets, stalls, or tourist areas. You should also always check the change and the bill before leaving or signing anything in Vietnam, as there may be mistakes or scams that may overcharge you or shortchange you. vietnam travel money
- Save: You can save a lot of money in Vietnam if you know some tips and tricks that can help you reduce your costs or increase your value. Here are some of them:
- Travel off-season: You can save money by traveling to Vietnam during the low season or the shoulder season, which are usually from May to September and from October to November. You can enjoy lower prices and less crowds for flights, hotels, tours, activities, etc. You can also enjoy better weather and more festivals in some regions of Vietnam, such as the north or the central. vietnam travel money
- Travel independently: You can save money by traveling to Vietnam independently, rather than joining a group tour or a package tour. You can enjoy more freedom and flexibility to explore Vietnam at your own pace and style. You can also enjoy more authentic and local experiences in Vietnam, by staying in homestays, eating in street stalls, or joining in community activities. vietnam travel money
- Travel by public transport: You can save money by traveling to Vietnam by public transport, rather than by private transport or by taxi. You can enjoy cheaper and faster options to travel within or between cities or regions in Vietnam, such as buses, trains, planes, motorbikes, bicycles, boats, etc. You can also enjoy more scenic and fun options to travel around Vietnam, such as cyclos, rickshaws, cable cars, etc. vietnam travel money
- Eat local food: You can save money by eating local food in Vietnam, rather than eating western food or fast food. You can enjoy fresher and healthier options to eat in Vietnam, such as noodles, rice, meat, seafood, vegetables, fruits, etc. You can also enjoy more delicious and diverse options to eat in Vietnam, such as pho, bun cha, cha ca, banh mi, banh xeo, nem ran, goi cuon, cao lau, com tam, hu tieu, banh khot, mi quang, bun bo hue, banh bao