vietnam travel itinerary 10 days Vietnam is a country that will surprise and delight you with its diverse and captivating attractions. From the vibrant and chaotic cities to the serene and scenic countryside, from the rich and ancient culture to the modern and dynamic lifestyle, Vietnam has something for everyone. But how can you see the best of Vietnam in 10 days? In this blog post, we will show you how to plan a perfect 10-day Vietnam itinerary that covers the highlights of this amazing country. Whether you are a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveler, this itinerary will help you make the most of your time and money in Vietnam.
Day 1: Hanoi – Experience bustling city life
Your 10-day Vietnam adventure begins in Hanoi, the capital and cultural heart of Vietnam. Hanoi is a city of contrasts, where old and new, tradition and innovation, chaos and harmony coexist. You will be amazed by the energy and charm of this city, as well as its rich history and culture. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
Some of the best things to do in Hanoi are:
- Explore the Old Quarter, the historic and lively center of Hanoi, where you can see the French colonial architecture, shop at the colorful markets, taste the delicious street food, and witness the daily life of the locals. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
- Visit the Hoan Kiem Lake, the iconic landmark of Hanoi, where you can admire the beautiful scenery, stroll around the park, visit the Ngoc Son Temple, and watch the water puppet show. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
- Learn about the history and culture of Vietnam at the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Complex, where you can see the final resting place of Ho Chi Minh, the revered leader of Vietnam, as well as his stilt house, museum, and presidential palace. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
- Discover the Temple of Literature, the oldest university in Vietnam, where you can admire the ancient architecture, see the stone steles of scholars, and learn about the Confucian tradition of Vietnam. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
- Enjoy the nightlife of Hanoi at the Ta Hien Street, where you can mingle with the locals and travelers, drink the famous bia hoi (fresh beer), and listen to live music.
Day 2-3: Sapa – Mountain trekking amongst the rice paddies
On day 2, you will take a train or a bus from Hanoi to Sapa, a mountainous town in the northwest of Vietnam. Sapa is famous for its stunning scenery of terraced rice fields, lush green valleys, and misty peaks. Sapa is also home to many ethnic minority groups, such as the Hmong, Dao, Tay, and Giay, who have preserved their unique culture and traditions. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
Some of the best things to do in Sapa are:
- Trek through the rice terraces and villages of Sapa, where you can enjoy the breathtaking views, interact with the friendly locals, and learn about their way of life. You can choose from various trekking routes and levels of difficulty, depending on your preference and fitness. You can also stay overnight at a homestay with a local family, for a more authentic and immersive experience. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
- Visit the Fansipan Mountain, the highest peak in Vietnam and Indochina, where you can challenge yourself with a hike or take a cable car to the summit. You will be rewarded with panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and valleys, as well as a giant Buddha statue and a pagoda.
- Explore the Sapa town, where you can see the colonial architecture, visit the local markets, sample the regional cuisine, and relax at a spa or a café. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
Day 4-5: Halong Bay – Overnight sailing trip
On day 4, you will take a bus from Sapa to Halong Bay, one of the most beautiful and popular destinations in Vietnam. Halong Bay is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that features thousands of limestone islands and islets rising from the emerald water. Halong Bay is also a place of legend and mystery, where you can discover caves, grottoes, fishing villages, and wildlife. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
Some of the best things to do in Halong Bay are:
- Take an overnight cruise on a traditional junk boat or a luxury vessel, where you can enjoy the scenic views of Halong Bay, watch the sunrise and sunset, dine on delicious seafood, and join various activities such as kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, fishing, or tai chi. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
- Visit the Sung Sot Cave, the largest and most impressive cave in Halong Bay, where you can see the stalactites and stalagmites of various shapes and colors, and admire the natural beauty of the cave. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
- Explore the Ti Top Island, a small island with a sandy beach and a hilltop viewpoint, where you can relax, swim, sunbathe, or hike to the top for a panoramic view of Halong Bay.
- Experience the local life at the floating villages, where you can see how the fishermen and their families live and work on the water, and learn about their culture and traditions.
Day 6-7: Hue – Royal city
On day 6, you will take a flight from Halong Bay to Hue, the former imperial capital of Vietnam. Hue is a city of history and culture, where you can see the remnants of the Nguyen Dynasty, the last feudal dynasty of Vietnam. Hue is also a city of art and cuisine, where you can enjoy the refined and elegant style of Hue. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
Some of the best things to do in Hue are:
- Visit the Hue Citadel, the complex of palaces, temples, and fortifications that served as the seat of power and residence of the Nguyen emperors. You can see the impressive architecture, the intricate decorations, and the historical relics of the citadel. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
- Explore the Thien Mu Pagoda, the oldest and most iconic pagoda in Hue, located on a hill overlooking the Perfume River. You can admire the seven-story tower, the giant bell, and the car of a Buddhist monk who immolated himself in protest against the South Vietnamese regime.
- Discover the royal tombs of Hue, where you can see the mausoleums of some of the most famous Nguyen emperors, such as Minh Mang, Tu Duc, and Khai Dinh. Each tomb reflects the personality and style of its owner, with different designs, layouts, and decorations. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
- Enjoy the cuisine of Hue, which is considered one of the best in Vietnam. You can taste some of the specialties of Hue, such as bun bo hue (spicy beef noodle soup), banh beo (steamed rice cakes with shrimp), banh khoai (crispy rice pancakes with pork and shrimp), and com hen (rice with baby clams).
Day 8-9: Hoi An – UNESCO heritage town
On day 8, you will take a bus from Hue to Hoi An, a charming town on the central coast of Vietnam. Hoi An is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that preserves the ancient architecture and culture of a trading port from the 15th to the 19th century. Hoi An is also a place of romance and relaxation, where you can enjoy the beach, the river, and the lanterns. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
Some of the best things to do in Hoi An are:
- Wander around the Hoi An Ancient Town, where you can see the old houses, shops, temples, and bridges that reflect the influence of Chinese, Japanese, and French cultures. You can also visit some of the attractions, such as the Japanese Covered Bridge, the Phuc Kien Assembly Hall, and the Tan Ky House.
- Shop for souvenirs and handicrafts at the Hoi An Night Market, where you can find a variety of items, such as lanterns, silk, ceramics, paintings, and jewelry. You can also enjoy the festive atmosphere and the colorful lights of the market. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
- Relax at the An Bang Beach, one of the best beaches in Vietnam, where you can swim, sunbathe, surf, or join a yoga class. You can also find many restaurants, bars, and cafes along the beach, where you can eat, drink, and chill. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
- Get a tailor-made outfit at one of the many tailor shops in Hoi An, where you can choose from a wide range of fabrics, styles, and designs. You can get anything from a suit to a dress to a pair of shoes, all made to fit you perfectly.
Day 10: Ho Chi Minh City – Including a trip to the Mekong Delta
On day 10, you will take a flight from Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh City, the largest and most dynamic city in Vietnam. Ho Chi Minh City is a city of contrasts, where you can see the colonial legacy and the modern development, the rich and the poor, the traditional and the trendy. Ho Chi Minh City is also a city of culture and cuisine, where you can learn about the history and enjoy the food of Vietnam. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
Some of the best things to do in Ho Chi Minh City are:
- Learn about the Vietnam War at the War Remnants Museum, where you can see the exhibits, photos, and artifacts that document the atrocities and consequences of the war. You can also see some of the military vehicles and weapons used in the war. vietnam travel itinerary 10 days
- Shop at the Ben Thanh Market, one of the oldest and most famous markets in Ho Chi Minh City, where you can see the skyscrapers, museums, and markets of the city. You will also take a day trip to the Mekong Delta, where you can experience the rural life and culture of the people who live on the water.
Some of the best things to do in Ho Chi Minh City are:
- See the landmarks of Ho Chi Minh City, such as the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Central Post Office, the Reunification Palace, and the Saigon Opera House. You can also visit some of the museums, such as the War Remnants Museum, the Ho Chi Minh Museum, and the Fine Arts Museum.
- Shop at the Ben Thanh Market, one of the oldest and most famous markets in Ho Chi Minh City, where you can find a variety of items, such as clothes, souvenirs, handicrafts, and food. You can also enjoy the nightlife and street food at the Bui Vien Street, where you can mingle with the locals and travelers.
- Experience the Mekong Delta, a network of rivers, canals, and islands that is home to many villages, farms, and markets. You can take a boat tour to see the floating markets, where people sell and buy goods on boats; visit some of the islands, where you can see orchards, coconut factories, and honey farms; and enjoy a traditional lunch at a local house.
Vietnam is a country that will amaze you with its diversity and beauty. In 10 days, you can see some of the best places in Vietnam, from north to south, from city to countryside, from culture to nature. You can also enjoy some of the best food in Vietnam, from pho to banh mi to spring rolls. This 10-day Vietnam itinerary is a great way to get a taste of Vietnam and make unforgettable memories. If you are interested in this itinerary or want to customize your own Vietnam trip, please contact us and we will be happy to help you.