vietnam travel health insurance Vietnam is a wonderful destination for travelers who want to experience a diverse and vibrant culture, a rich and turbulent history, and a stunning and varied natural scenery. However, like any other country, Vietnam also has its share of health risks and challenges that travelers should be aware of and prepared for. In this blog post, we will explain why you need Vietnam travel health insurance and how to get it.
Why You Need Vietnam Travel Health Insurance
Traveling to Vietnam can expose you to some health hazards that you might not encounter in your home country. Some of the most common health issues that travelers face in Vietnam are:
- Food poisoning: Vietnam has a delicious and diverse cuisine, but it also has a different hygiene standard and food safety regulation than what you might be used to. Eating street food, raw or undercooked meat, seafood or eggs, or drinking tap water can cause stomach upset, diarrhea, vomiting, fever or worse. vietnam travel health insurance
- Infectious diseases: Vietnam has a tropical climate that creates a favorable environment for mosquitoes and other insects that can transmit diseases such as malaria, dengue fever, Japanese encephalitis, Zika virus and more. These diseases can cause serious complications and even death if not treated promptly and properly. vietnam travel health insurance
- Accidents and injuries: Vietnam has a chaotic and crowded traffic system that can pose a risk for travelers who are not familiar with the local driving habits and rules. Motorbike accidents are very common and can result in fractures, wounds, head injuries or worse. Other accidents and injuries can happen while hiking, biking, swimming, diving or doing other adventurous activities. vietnam travel health insurance
- Pre-existing conditions: If you have a pre-existing medical condition such as diabetes, asthma, heart disease or allergies, you might need to seek medical attention while traveling in Vietnam if your condition worsens or if you run out of your medication. vietnam travel health insurance
These health issues can ruin your trip and cost you a lot of money if you don’t have adequate travel health insurance. The quality and availability of health care in Vietnam varies greatly depending on where you are and what you need. The public hospitals are often overcrowded, understaffed and under-equipped, while the private hospitals are more modern, comfortable and efficient, but also more expensive. The average cost of a hospital stay in Vietnam is around $100 per day, but it can go up to $500 or more for intensive care or surgery. The cost of an ambulance ride is around $50, but it can go up to $200 or more for a helicopter evacuation. The cost of a consultation with a doctor is around $20, but it can go up to $100 or more for a specialist. The cost of medication and tests can also add up quickly. vietnam travel health insurance
If you don’t have travel health insurance, you will have to pay for these expenses out of your own pocket, which can be very stressful and burdensome. If you have travel health insurance, you will be covered for most or all of these expenses, depending on your policy and provider. You will also have access to 24/7 assistance and support from your insurance company, who can help you find the best medical facility, arrange transportation, communicate with the local staff, and handle the paperwork and claims. vietnam travel health insurance
How to Get Vietnam Travel Health Insurance
Getting Vietnam travel health insurance is easy and affordable if you do some research and planning before your trip. Here are some steps that you should follow:
- Compare different insurance providers and policies: There are many insurance companies that offer travel health insurance for Vietnam, but they have different features, benefits, exclusions and prices. You should compare different options and choose the one that suits your needs, budget and preferences. Some of the factors that you should consider are:
- The coverage: What does the policy cover and what does it not cover? Does it cover emergency medical expenses, hospitalization, evacuation, repatriation, dental care, prescription drugs, tests and treatments? Does it cover pre-existing conditions, chronic diseases, pregnancy, sports and adventure activities? Does it have any limits, deductibles or co-payments?
- The duration: How long does the policy last and how many times can you extend it? Does it cover you for the whole duration of your trip or only for a certain number of days?
- The price: How much does the policy cost and how do you pay for it? Does it charge a flat rate or a variable rate depending on your age, destination, duration and activities? Does it offer any discounts or promotions?
- The service: How reliable and responsive is the insurance company? How easy and fast is it to contact them and get assistance? How simple and transparent is the claim process? How satisfied are the previous customers?
- Buy your policy online: Once you have chosen your insurance provider and policy, you can buy it online through their website or app. You will need to fill out some personal and travel information, such as your name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, destination, departure and return dates, and activities. You will also need to pay for your policy using a credit card, debit card, PayPal or other online payment methods. You will receive a confirmation email with your policy details and documents, which you should print out and keep with you during your trip. vietnam travel health insurance
- Use your policy wisely: When you are traveling in Vietnam, you should use your travel health insurance wisely and responsibly. You should follow some tips such as:
- Avoid risky behaviors and activities that can expose you to health hazards or invalidate your policy.
- Follow the local laws and regulations and respect the local culture and customs.
- Keep yourself healthy and hydrated and avoid eating or drinking anything that can make you sick.
- Carry your policy documents and contact details with you at all times and inform your family and friends about them.
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible if you need medical attention or assistance and follow their instructions.
- Keep all the receipts and records of your medical expenses and treatments and submit them to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Vietnam travel health insurance is a must-have for travelers who want to enjoy their trip without worrying about the potential health risks and costs. By getting a suitable and reliable travel health insurance policy, you can protect yourself from unexpected medical emergencies and expenses, and have peace of mind and confidence while exploring this amazing country.