vietnam travel guide from india Vietnam is a beautiful and diverse country that attracts many travelers from India and around the world. Whether you want to experience the culture, history, nature, or cuisine of Vietnam, you will find plenty of reasons to love this country.
But how do you plan your dream trip to Vietnam from India? What are the things you need to know and do before and during your trip? How do you make the most of your time and money in Vietnam? Don’t worry, we have got you covered. In this Vietnam travel guide from India, we will share with you everything you need to know and do to have a smooth and enjoyable Vietnam adventure.
Visa Requirements vietnam travel guide from india
One of the first things you need to check before traveling to Vietnam from India is whether you need a visa or not. The good news is that Indian citizens can apply for an e-visa online and enter Vietnam without any hassle. An e-visa is a single-entry visa that allows you to stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days. You can apply for an e-visa at least two working days before your departure date.
To apply for an e-visa, you need to fill out an online form with your personal and travel information, upload a passport photo and a copy of your passport, and pay a fee of 25 USD. You will receive an e-visa code via email within three working days. You then need to print out the e-visa and bring it with you to Vietnam, where you will present it at the immigration checkpoint. You can enter and exit Vietnam through any of the 33 ports of entry and exit that accept e-visa, which you can check here: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/documents/20181/117155/List+of+ports+of+entry+and+exit+accepting+e-visa.pdf
You can apply for an e-visa here: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt
Another thing you need to check before traveling to Vietnam from India is how to get there by flight. There are many flight options and routes that connect India and Vietnam, depending on your budget, time, and preferences. You can choose from direct or connecting flights, from full-service or low-cost airlines, from different departure and arrival cities, etc. vietnam travel guide from india
The most common and convenient way to fly to Vietnam from India is to take a direct flight from Delhi or Mumbai to Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City. These flights are operated by Vietjet Air, a low-cost airline that offers affordable and frequent flights between India and Vietnam. The flight duration is about five to six hours and the flight cost is about 10,000 to 15,000 INR one way.
You can also take a connecting flight from other cities in India, such as Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, etc. These flights are operated by various airlines, such as Air India, IndiGo, Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, etc. The flight duration is about eight to twelve hours and the flight cost is about 15,000 to 25,000 INR one way. vietnam travel guide from india
You can book your flights online or through a travel agent. You should check the baggage allowance and fees before you fly. You should also arrive at the airport at least two hours before your departure time.
Another thing you need to check before traveling to Vietnam from India is how to exchange your currency. The official currency of Vietnam is the Vietnamese dong (VND), which has a fixed exchange rate with the US dollar (USD). The current exchange rate is about 1 USD = 23,000 VND or 1 INR = 310 VND. vietnam travel guide from india
There are many ways and places to exchange your currency in Vietnam, such as:
- Airport: You can exchange your currency at the airport when you arrive or depart from Vietnam. However, this is not the best option as the exchange rate and the commission fee are usually higher than other places. vietnam travel guide from india
- Bank: You can exchange your currency at any bank or ATM in Vietnam. However, you may need to show your passport and pay a service fee. You may also face some limitations on the amount or the denomination of the currency you can exchange.
- Hotel: You can exchange your currency at your hotel or hostel in Vietnam. However, this is not the best option as the exchange rate and the commission fee are usually higher than other places. vietnam travel guide from india
- Money Changer: You can exchange your currency at any money changer or gold shop in Vietnam. This is the best option as the exchange rate and the commission fee are usually lower than other places. However, you should be careful of scams and rip-offs and always count your money before and after the exchange.
You can also use your credit cards or debit cards to pay for your expenses or withdrawals in Vietnam. However, you should inform your bank of your travel plans and check the fees and exchange rates before you go. You should also use only reputable and secure machines and keep your receipts and statements. vietnam travel guide from india
Packing for Vietnam can be tricky, as the country has different climates and seasons depending on the region and the time of the year. Generally speaking, Vietnam has a tropical monsoon climate, with hot and humid summers and mild and dry winters. However, there are variations in temperature and rainfall across the country, so you should check the weather forecast for your specific destinations before you go. vietnam travel guide from india
Here are some general packing tips for Vietnam:
- Pack light and versatile clothing that can be layered and mixed and matched. You should bring some long-sleeved shirts, pants, and jackets for cooler weather or air-conditioned places, as well as some short-sleeved shirts, shorts, and skirts for warmer weather. You should also bring some rain gear, such as a waterproof jacket, an umbrella, or a poncho, especially if you travel during the rainy season (May to October in the north and south, September to December in the central region). vietnam travel guide from india
- Pack comfortable and sturdy shoes that can handle different terrains and activities. You should bring some sandals or flip-flops for the beach or casual walks, as well as some sneakers or hiking boots for trekking or exploring. You should also bring some socks to protect your feet from blisters or insects.
- Pack a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun. The sun can be very strong in Vietnam, especially during the summer months, so you should apply sunscreen regularly and wear a hat and sunglasses to prevent sunburns or heat strokes. vietnam travel guide from india
- Pack a swimsuit if you plan to swim or enjoy water activities. Vietnam has many beautiful beaches and islands that are perfect for swimming, snorkeling, diving, kayaking, or surfing. You should bring a swimsuit that covers your body modestly, as well as a towel and a dry bag to keep your belongings safe from water.
- Pack some toiletries and personal items that you may not find easily or cheaply in Vietnam. You should bring some essentials such as toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deodorant, razor, feminine hygiene products, etc. You should also bring some extras such as insect repellent, hand sanitizer, tissues, wet wipes, etc. vietnam travel guide from india
- Pack some medications and first aid items that you may need in case of emergencies or minor illnesses. You should bring some basics such as painkillers, anti-diarrhea pills, antihistamines, band-aids, etc. You should also bring any prescription drugs that you take regularly, as well as a copy of your prescription and a doctor’s note. You should also consider getting travel insurance that covers medical expenses and evacuation in case of serious accidents or injuries.
- Pack some electronics and gadgets that can make your trip more convenient and enjoyable. You should bring your phone, charger, adapter, power bank, headphones, camera, etc. You should also bring some entertainment options such as books, music, games, etc. You should also download some useful apps for Vietnam, such as maps, translation, transportation, currency conversion, etc. vietnam travel guide from india
- Pack some documents and copies that can prove your identity and travel plans. You should bring your passport, visa, e-visa code or visa approval letter, vaccination records, travel insurance policy, flight tickets, hotel reservations, etc. You should also make copies of these documents and store them in different places or online. You should also have some emergency contacts and numbers in case you need help or assistance.
- Pack some cash and cards that can cover your expenses and transactions. You should bring some US dollars or Vietnamese dong that can be used for tipping, small purchases, or emergencies. You should also bring some credit cards or debit cards that can be used for larger purchases or withdrawals. You should also inform your bank of your travel plans and check the fees and exchange rates before you go. vietnam travel guide from india
Vietnam has many transportation options that can help you get around the country and explore different places. Depending on your budget, time, comfort level, and preferences, you can choose from various modes of transport such as:
- Plane: Flying is the fastest and most convenient way to travel between major cities and destinations in Vietnam. There are several domestic airlines that operate frequent flights across the country, such as Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, Bamboo Airways
- Bamboo Airways, etc. You can book your tickets online or through a travel agent. You should check the baggage allowance and fees before you fly. You should also arrive at the airport at least two hours before your departure time. vietnam travel guide from india
- Train: Taking the train is a scenic and relaxing way to travel across Vietnam, especially along the coast or through the mountains. There are several train routes that connect different regions and cities in Vietnam, such as the Reunification Express, the North-South Railway, the Hanoi-Lao Cai Railway, etc. You can book your tickets online or at the train station. You should choose your seat class and type according to your comfort and budget. You should also bring some snacks, drinks, and entertainment for the long journey. vietnam travel guide from india
- Bus: Taking the bus is a cheap and convenient way to travel within or between cities and destinations in Vietnam. There are many bus companies that offer different types of buses, such as local buses, intercity buses, sleeper buses, etc. You can buy your tickets online, at the bus station, or from your hotel or hostel. You should check the schedule and route before you board. You should also keep an eye on your belongings and be prepared for some delays or traffic jams. vietnam travel guide from india
- Car: Renting a car is a flexible and comfortable way to travel around Vietnam at your own pace and schedule. You can rent a car with or without a driver from various rental agencies or online platforms. You should have a valid driver’s license and an international driving permit to drive in Vietnam. You should also have insurance and a contract that covers the rental terms and conditions. You should also be aware of the traffic rules and road conditions in Vietnam, as they can be chaotic and challenging. vietnam travel guide from india
- Motorbike: Riding a motorbike is a popular and adventurous way to travel around Vietnam and experience the local culture and scenery. You can rent a motorbike from various rental shops or online platforms. You should have a valid driver’s license and an international driving permit to ride a motorbike in Vietnam. You should also wear a helmet and protective gear and follow the traffic rules and signs. You should also be careful of the weather, road hazards, and other drivers. vietnam travel guide from india
- Bicycle: Riding a bicycle is an eco-friendly and healthy way to travel around Vietnam and enjoy the nature and countryside. You can rent a bicycle from various rental shops or online platforms. You should have a helmet and a lock and check the condition of the bike before you ride. You should also avoid riding at night or in busy areas and follow the traffic rules and signs. vietnam travel guide from india
Things to Do
Vietnam has a lot of things to do and see that can suit any type of traveler and interest. Whether you are looking for culture, nature, adventure, or relaxation, you will find plenty of options and activities in Vietnam. Here are some of the best things to do in Vietnam:
- Cruise on Halong Bay: One of the most iconic and memorable experiences in Vietnam is cruising on Halong Bay. You can choose from different types of cruises, such as luxury cruises, budget cruises, day cruises, overnight cruises, etc. You can also choose from different activities and itineraries, such as kayaking, swimming, fishing, visiting caves, islands, villages, etc. You can also enjoy the spectacular views of the sunrise and sunset over the bay and the starry sky at night. vietnam travel guide from india
- Trek in Sapa: One of the most adventurous and rewarding experiences in Vietnam is trekking in Sapa. You can choose from different levels of difficulty and duration, from easy to challenging, from half-day to multi-day. You can also choose from different routes and destinations, such as Cat Cat Village, Ta Van Village, Fansipan Mountain, etc. You can also interact with the local people and learn about their culture and lifestyle. vietnam travel guide from india
- Explore Hoi An: One of the most charming and romantic experiences in Vietnam is exploring Hoi An. You can walk or bike around the ancient town and admire the well-preserved architecture and atmosphere. You can also visit some of the cultural and historical sites, such as the Japanese Bridge, the Phuc Kien Assembly Hall, the Tan Ky House, etc. You can also shop for some of the most exquisite and unique products in Vietnam, such as lanterns, silk, pottery, etc. You can also learn some of the crafts and skills from the local artisans and workshops. You can also enjoy the nightlife and entertainment options, such as bars, cafes, restaurants, shows, etc. vietnam travel guide from india
- Visit the Cu Chi Tunnels: One of the most historical and educational experiences in Vietnam is visiting the Cu Chi Tunnels. You can learn about the history and the significance of the tunnels during the Vietnam War. You can also see some of the traps, weapons, and equipment that were used by the Viet Cong soldiers. You can also crawl through some of the tunnels and experience what life was like underground. vietnam travel guide from india
- Relax on Phu Quoc Island: One of the most relaxing and enjoyable experiences in Vietnam is relaxing on Phu Quoc Island. You can enjoy some of the best beaches and islands in Vietnam, such as Long Beach, Sao Beach, Hon Thom Island, etc. You can also try some of the water sports and activities, such as snorkeling, diving, kayaking, fishing, etc. You can also visit some of the attractions and landmarks, such as the Phu Quoc National Park, the Phu Quoc Prison Museum, the Dinh Cau Temple, etc. vietnam travel guide from india
Vietnam is a wonderful country to visit from India, but it requires some preparation and planning to make the most of your trip. By following this Vietnam travel guide from India, you can ensure that you have everything you need and know everything you should before and during your trip. We hope that this guide will help you have a smooth and enjoyable Vietnam adventure. Happy travels! 🛫