vietnam travel blog 2022 Vietnam is a country of rich culture, stunning natural beauty, and friendly people. It is also one of the most popular destinations in Southeast Asia, attracting millions of visitors every year. Whether you are looking for adventure, history, cuisine, or relaxation, Vietnam has something for everyone.
In this blog post, I will share with you some of the best places to visit and things to do in Vietnam in 2022. I will also give you some tips on how to plan your trip, what to pack, and how to stay safe and healthy. Let’s get started!
How to Plan Your Vietnam Trip in 2022
Before you book your flight and pack your bags, there are some things you need to consider when planning your Vietnam trip in 2022. Here are some of them:
- Visa requirements: Depending on your nationality, you may need a visa to enter Vietnam. You can check the visa requirements and apply online at the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department (https://www.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/). You can also get a visa on arrival at some airports, but you will need to have a pre-approved letter from a travel agency or an online service. Make sure you have a valid passport with at least six months of validity and two blank pages. vietnam travel blog 2022
- Best time to visit: Vietnam has a tropical climate with four seasons: spring (February to April), summer (May to August), autumn (September to November), and winter (December to January). The weather can vary greatly depending on the region and the altitude. Generally speaking, the best time to visit Vietnam is from October to April, when the temperatures are moderate and the rainfall is low. However, this also depends on what you want to see and do. For example, if you want to see the rice terraces in Sapa, the best time is from September to October, when they are green and lush. If you want to enjoy the beaches in Phu Quoc, the best time is from November to March, when the skies are clear and the water is calm. vietnam travel blog 2022
- Budget: Vietnam is a relatively affordable destination compared to other countries in Southeast Asia. However, the cost of your trip will depend on your travel style, preferences, and itinerary. You can expect to spend around $25-$50 per day on average for accommodation, food, transportation, and activities. Of course, you can spend more or less depending on your choices. For example, you can find dorm beds for as low as $5 per night or luxury hotels for over $100 per night. You can also save money by eating street food or splurge on fine dining. You can also find cheap flights within Vietnam or opt for buses or trains. You can also join group tours or hire private guides. The choice is yours! vietnam travel blog 2022
- Itinerary: Vietnam is a large country with a lot of diversity and attractions. You can easily spend weeks or months exploring its different regions and cultures. However, if you have limited time, you will need to prioritize and choose what you want to see and do. A good way to plan your itinerary is to divide Vietnam into three main regions: North, Central, and South. Each region has its own highlights and characteristics that you don’t want to miss. Here are some suggestions for each region: vietnam travel blog 2022
North Vietnam is where you can find some of the most spectacular landscapes and cultural heritage of Vietnam. It is also where the capital city of Hanoi is located. Some of the places you should visit in North Vietnam are:
- Hanoi: The capital city of Vietnam is a vibrant and chaotic metropolis that combines French colonial architecture, ancient temples, modern skyscrapers, and colorful markets. You can spend days wandering around its Old Quarter, visiting its museums and monuments, enjoying its street food and coffee culture, and watching its water puppet shows. vietnam travel blog 2022
- Halong Bay: One of the most iconic sights of Vietnam, Halong Bay is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that features thousands of limestone islands and karsts rising from the emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin. You can take a cruise or a kayak tour to explore its caves, beaches, fishing villages, and wildlife. vietnam travel blog 2022
- Sapa: A mountainous town in the northwest of Vietnam, Sapa is famous for its stunning rice terraces that change colors with the seasons. You can also trek through its valleys and hills, visit its ethnic minority villages, and enjoy its fresh and cool air. vietnam travel blog 2022
- Ninh Binh: A province in the south of Hanoi, Ninh Binh is often called the “Halong Bay on land” because of its similar scenery of limestone cliffs and rivers. You can take a boat ride or a bike tour to see its temples, pagodas, caves, and wildlife. vietnam travel blog 2022
Central Vietnam is where you can find some of the most historic and cultural sites of Vietnam. It is also where the former imperial city of Hue and the ancient town of Hoi An are located. Some of the places you should visit in Central Vietnam are:
- Hue: The former capital of Vietnam under the Nguyen Dynasty, Hue is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that showcases the royal and religious heritage of Vietnam. You can visit its citadel, tombs, temples, and gardens, as well as enjoy its cuisine and festivals. vietnam travel blog 2022
- Hoi An: Another UNESCO World Heritage Site, Hoi An is a charming and well-preserved town that dates back to the 15th century. It was once a major trading port that attracted merchants from China, Japan, India, and Europe. You can admire its architecture, lanterns, bridges, and canals, as well as shop for souvenirs, clothes, and art.
- Da Nang: The largest city in Central Vietnam, Da Nang is a modern and dynamic city that offers a variety of attractions and activities. You can relax on its beaches, visit its museums and parks, see its bridges and sculptures, and enjoy its nightlife and food. vietnam travel blog 2022
- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park: A UNESCO World Heritage Site that covers an area of over 2000 square kilometers, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park is home to some of the most impressive caves and karsts in the world. You can explore its underground rivers, chambers, stalactites, and stalagmites, as well as hike through its forests and mountains.
South Vietnam is where you can find some of the most modern and cosmopolitan cities of Vietnam. It is also where the largest city of Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon) is located. Some of the places you should visit in South Vietnam are:
- Ho Chi Minh City: The largest and most populous city in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City is a bustling and energetic metropolis that blends French colonial architecture, Chinese influences, American influences, and Vietnamese culture. You can visit its museums, markets, churches, pagodas, and skyscrapers, as well as experience its nightlife and street food.
- Mekong Delta: The southernmost region of Vietnam, the Mekong Delta is a vast network of rivers, canals, islands, and farms that produce most of the country’s rice and fruits. You can take a boat tour or a bike tour to see its floating markets, orchards, villages, and wildlife. vietnam travel blog 2022
- Phu Quoc Island: The largest island in Vietnam, Phu Quoc Island is a tropical paradise that offers white sand beaches, turquoise waters, coral reefs, and lush forests. You can swim, snorkel, dive, fish, hike, or relax on its shores.
- Dalat: A hill station in the central highlands of Vietnam, Dalat is a popular destination for honeymooners and nature lovers. It has a cool and pleasant climate year-round, as well as scenic views of mountains, lakes, waterfalls, and flowers. You can also enjoy its French colonial villas, vietnam travel blog 2022
What to Pack for Your Vietnam Trip in 2022
Packing for your Vietnam trip in 2022 will depend on your itinerary, season, activities, and personal preferences. However, here are some general tips on what to pack for your Vietnam trip in 2022:
- Clothing: You will need to pack clothing that is comfortable, lightweight, breathable, and quick-drying. You will also need to pack clothing that covers your shoulders and knees when visiting religious sites or conservative areas. You may also need to pack some warm clothing if you are visiting the northern or central highlands during winter. Some examples of clothing items to pack are: t-shirts, tank tops, shorts, skirts, dresses, jeans, leggings, jackets, sweaters, hoodies, scarves, hats, and sunglasses. vietnam travel blog 2022
- Footwear: You will need to pack footwear that is comfortable, durable, and versatile. You will also need to pack footwear that is easy to take on and off when entering temples or houses. Some examples of footwear items to pack are: sneakers, sandals, flip-flops, hiking shoes, and water shoes.
- Toiletries: You will need to pack toiletries that are essential, compact, and eco-friendly. You will also need to pack toiletries that protect you from the sun and insects. Some examples of toile tries items to pack are: toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, razor, shaving cream, sunscreen, insect repellent, lip balm, and hand sanitizer. vietnam travel blog 2022
- Electronics: You will need to pack electronics that are useful, portable, and compatible. You will also need to pack electronics that keep you connected, entertained, and informed. Some examples of electronics items to pack are: smartphone, laptop, tablet, camera, headphones, power bank, adapter, and charger. vietnam travel blog 2022
- Documents: You will need to pack documents that are valid, original, and secure. You will also need to pack documents that prove your identity, nationality, and eligibility. Some examples of documents items to pack are: passport, visa, flight tickets, hotel reservations, travel insurance, vaccination certificates, and emergency contacts. vietnam travel blog 2022
How to Stay Safe and Healthy in Vietnam in 2022
Vietnam is generally a safe and healthy destination for travelers, but there are some risks and challenges that you should be aware of and prepared for. Here are some tips on how to stay safe and healthy in Vietnam in 2022:
- Be careful of traffic: Traffic in Vietnam can be chaotic and unpredictable, especially in big cities like Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. You should always follow the traffic rules, look both ways before crossing the street, use pedestrian crossings or bridges when available, and avoid walking on busy roads or highways. If you want to ride a motorbike or a bicycle, make sure you have a helmet, a license, and insurance, and drive slowly and defensively. vietnam travel blog 2022
- Be aware of scams: Scams in Vietnam can be common and varied, targeting tourists who are unfamiliar with the local culture, prices, and customs. You should always research your destination, compare prices, negotiate politely, and check your bills and receipts. You should also avoid buying fake or illegal goods, accepting free offers or invitations from strangers, or giving money or personal information to anyone who claims to be in need or in trouble. vietnam travel blog 2022
- Be respectful of culture: Culture in Vietnam can be diverse and complex, reflecting its history, geography, and ethnicity. You should always respect the local culture, traditions, and beliefs, and avoid any actions or words that may offend or insult anyone. You should also dress modestly when visiting religious sites or conservative areas, greet people with a smile and a nod, and use chopsticks properly when eating. vietnam travel blog 2022
- Be mindful of health: Health in Vietnam can be affected by various factors such as climate, hygiene, food, water, and diseases. You should always take care of your health, drink bottled or boiled water, eat cooked or peeled food, wash your hands frequently, and avoid contact with animals or insects. You should also consult your doctor before your trip, get vaccinated against common diseases such as typhoid and hepatitis A and B and carry a first-aid kit with basic medicines. vietnam travel blog 2022
Vietnam is a wonderful country that offers a lot of attractions and experiences for travelers of all kinds. Whether you are looking for nature, culture, cuisine, or adventure, you will find it in Vietnam.
I hope this blog post has given you some useful information and inspiration for your Vietnam trip in 2022. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Thank you for reading and happy travels!