vietnam travel best places Vietnam is a beautiful and diverse country that offers something for everyone. Whether you are looking for natural wonders, cultural heritage, historical sites, or vibrant cities, you will find them in Vietnam. In this blog post, we will introduce you to some of the best places to visit in Vietnam, and give you some tips on how to make the most of your trip.
Hanoi: The Capital of Culture and History
Hanoi is the capital and the second-largest city of Vietnam. It is also one of the oldest cities in Asia, with a history dating back to more than 1,000 years. Hanoi is a great place to start your Vietnam travel, as it has many attractions that showcase the country’s culture and history. vietnam travel best places
Some of the must-see places in Hanoi are:
- The Old Quarter: This is the heart and soul of Hanoi, where you can experience the bustling street life, the traditional architecture, and the rich cuisine of the city. You can walk around the narrow streets, visit the temples and pagodas, shop at the markets and souvenir shops, and enjoy the street food and coffee. vietnam travel best places
- Hoan Kiem Lake: This is a scenic lake in the center of Hanoi, surrounded by gardens, trees, and monuments. It is also a symbol of the city’s legend and history. According to the legend, Emperor Le Loi returned a magic sword to a golden turtle god in this lake in the 15th century. You can see a temple dedicated to the turtle god on an island in the lake, as well as a red wooden bridge that leads to another temple on another island. vietnam travel best places
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum: This is a monumental building that houses the embalmed body of Ho Chi Minh, the founding father and the first president of Vietnam. It is a place of reverence and respect for the Vietnamese people, who come here to pay their homage. You can also visit the nearby Ho Chi Minh Museum, which displays his life and achievements, and the One Pillar Pagoda, which is a unique Buddhist temple built on a single pillar. vietnam travel best places
- Temple of Literature: This is a temple dedicated to Confucius, the ancient Chinese philosopher and teacher. It is also the site of the first university in Vietnam, founded in 1076. You can admire the architecture and the gardens of the temple, as well as the stone steles that bear the names of the graduates of the university. vietnam travel best places
Halong Bay: The World Heritage Site of Natural Beauty
Halong Bay is one of the most famous and stunning places in Vietnam. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that features thousands of limestone islands and islets rising from the emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin. The bay is also home to various caves, beaches, fishing villages, and wildlife. vietnam travel best places
The best way to explore Halong Bay is by taking a cruise. You can choose from different types of cruises, ranging from luxury to budget, and from day trips to overnight stays. You can enjoy the panoramic views of the bay, visit some of the caves and islands, kayak or swim in the water, and watch the sunrise or sunset over the horizon. vietnam travel best places
Some of the highlights of Halong Bay are:
- Sung Sot Cave: This is one of the largest and most impressive caves in Halong Bay. It has two chambers that are filled with stalactites and stalagmites of various shapes and colors. The cave is also known as Surprise Cave, because of the surprising sights that await you inside. vietnam travel best places
- Ti Top Island: This is a small island that has a sandy beach and a hilltop viewpoint. You can climb up the stairs to reach the top of the hill, where you can enjoy a 360-degree view of Halong Bay. You can also relax on the beach or swim in the clear water. vietnam travel best places
- Floating Villages: These are villages that are built on wooden platforms and anchored to the islands. They are inhabited by fishermen and their families, who live off the sea. You can visit some of these villages and learn about their culture and lifestyle. You can also buy some fresh seafood or souvenirs from them. vietnam travel best places
Hoi An: The Ancient Town of Charm and Romance
Hoi An is a small town on the central coast of Vietnam. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that preserves the architecture and atmosphere of a 16th-century trading port. Hoi An is a place where you can feel the charm and romance of the past, as well as enjoy the modern amenities and activities. vietnam travel best places
Some of the things to do in Hoi An are:
- Wander around the Old Town: This is the historic center of Hoi An, where you can see the old houses, shops, temples, and bridges that reflect the influences of Chinese, Japanese, French, and Vietnamese cultures. You can also admire the lanterns that light up the streets at night, creating a magical ambiance.
- Shop for tailor-made clothes: Hoi An is famous for its tailors, who can make you custom-made clothes in a short time and at a reasonable price. You can choose from a variety of fabrics, styles, and designs, and have your measurements taken by the skilled tailors. You can also shop for other items, such as silk, leather, ceramics, paintings, and jewelry. vietnam travel best places
- Cycle to the countryside: Hoi An is surrounded by beautiful countryside, where you can see the rice fields, water buffaloes, coconut palms, and local villages. You can rent a bicycle and cycle along the scenic routes, or join a guided tour that will take you to some of the attractions, such as the Tra Que vegetable village, the Thanh Ha pottery village, or the Cam Thanh coconut forest.
- Relax on the beach: Hoi An has two main beaches, An Bang and Cua Dai, that are about 5 km away from the town. They are both long and sandy beaches, with clear water and gentle waves. You can sunbathe on the beach, swim in the sea, or enjoy some water sports, such as surfing, kayaking, or stand-up paddle boarding. vietnam travel best places
Ho Chi Minh City: The Metropolis of Energy and Innovation
Ho Chi Minh City is the largest and most populous city of Vietnam. It is also known as Saigon, its former name before 1975. Ho Chi Minh City is a metropolis of energy and innovation, where you can experience the dynamic and modern aspects of Vietnam.
Some of the attractions in Ho Chi Minh City are:
- War Remnants Museum: This is a museum that displays the effects and consequences of the Vietnam War. It has various exhibits that show the weapons, vehicles, photographs, and documents related to the war. Some of the exhibits are graphic and disturbing, but they are also informative and eye-opening.
- Cu Chi Tunnels: These are underground tunnels that were used by the Viet Cong guerrillas during the war. They were part of a network that stretched for hundreds of kilometers, and served as hiding places, communication routes, supply routes, and living quarters. You can visit some of the tunnels and see how the guerrillas lived and fought in them. vietnam travel best places
- Ben Thanh Market: This is a large and lively market that sells everything from food, clothes, souvenirs, electronics, to handicrafts. You can browse through the stalls and bargain for the best prices. You can also try some of the local dishes and snacks at the food court.
- Bitexco Financial Tower: This is a skyscraper that is the tallest building in Ho Chi Minh City. It has a helipad-shaped observation deck on the 49th floor, where you can enjoy a panoramic view of the city. You can also visit the Sky Deck on the 68th floor, which has a glass floor and a bar. vietnam travel best places
Vietnam is a country that has a lot to offer to travelers. It has a rich and diverse culture, a long and fascinating history, a stunning and varied nature, and a vibrant and dynamic society. Whether you are looking for adventure, relaxation, or inspiration, you will find it in Vietnam.
We hope that this blog post has given you some ideas on where to go and what to do in Vietnam. If you are ready to plan your trip, you can use Bing to search for more information, such as flights, hotels, tours, and reviews. Bing is your best friend when it comes to travel planning, as it can help you find the best deals, compare options, and book everything online.
Thank you for reading this blog post. We hope you enjoyed it and learned something new. If you did, please share it with your friends and family who might be interested in Vietnam travel. And don’t forget to leave us a comment below and tell us what you think.
Happy travels! 🛫