vietnam travel 2022 Vietnam is a country that has it all: stunning natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, delicious cuisine, friendly people, and diverse attractions. Whether you are looking for adventure, relaxation, history, or culture, Vietnam has something to offer you.
Vietnam is also a country that is constantly evolving and developing, with new and exciting things to discover and enjoy. In 2022, Vietnam will celebrate its 77th anniversary of independence and its 50th anniversary of reunification. It will also host several major events and festivals, such as the Lunar New Year (Tết), the Hue Festival, the Da Nang International Fireworks Festival, and the Hoi An Lantern Festival.
In this blog post, we will guide you through some of the best destinations and experiences that you can expect in Vietnam travel 2022. We will also give you some tips and advice on how to plan your trip and make the most of your time in this amazing country.
How to get to Vietnam travel 2022
Vietnam is well-connected by air, land, and sea to other parts of Asia and the world. The main international airports are Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN) in Ho Chi Minh City and Noi Bai International Airport (HAN) in Hanoi. You can also fly to other airports such as Da Nang International Airport (DAD), Cam Ranh International Airport (CXR), or Phu Quoc International Airport (PQC), depending on your destination. vietnam travel 2022
You can find flights to Vietnam from many countries and regions, such as China, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Europe, and North America. You can compare prices and book your tickets online or through a travel agent. vietnam travel 2022
If you are traveling from neighboring countries such as Cambodia, Laos, or China, you can also take a bus or a train to Vietnam. You can check the schedules and fares online or at the border stations. You will need a valid passport and visa to enter Vietnam by land or sea.
How to get around Vietnam travel 2022
Vietnam is a large and diverse country, with different regions and climates. You can choose from various modes of transportation to get around Vietnam, depending on your preference, budget, and itinerary. Some of the most common options are:
- Plane: Flying is the fastest and most convenient way to travel between major cities and tourist destinations in Vietnam. You can find domestic flights operated by Vietnam Airlines, VietJet Air, Bamboo Airways, or Pacific Airlines. You can book your tickets online or at the airport. The average flight time is around one hour and the average fare is around 1 million VND ($43 USD). vietnam travel 2022
- Train: Taking a train is a scenic and comfortable way to travel along the coast or across the country in Vietnam. You can enjoy the views of the countryside, mountains, rivers, and beaches from your window. You can also choose from different classes of service, such as soft seat, hard sleeper, soft sleeper, or VIP cabin. You can book your train tickets online or at the station. The average train journey is around 10 hours and the average fare is around 500,000 VND ($22 USD). vietnam travel 2022
- Bus: Taking a bus is a cheap and convenient way to travel within or between cities and provinces in Vietnam. You can find buses that run frequently and cover most of the routes in the country. You can also choose from different types of buses, such as local bus, express bus, sleeper bus, or limousine bus. You can buy your bus tickets online or at the bus station. The average bus journey is around 5 hours and the average fare is around 200,000 VND ($9 USD).
- Motorbike: Riding a motorbike is a fun and adventurous way to explore Vietnam at your own pace. You can rent a motorbike from many hotels or shops for around 100,000 VND ($4 USD) per day. You will need a valid driver’s license and helmet to ride a motorbike in Vietnam. You should also be careful of the traffic rules and conditions in Vietnam. vietnam travel 2022
- Bicycle: Riding a bicycle is a healthy and eco-friendly way to discover the rural areas and small towns in Vietnam. You can rent a bicycle from some hotels or shops for around 50,000 VND ($2 USD) per day. You should also wear a helmet and follow the traffic rules when riding a bicycle in Vietnam.
What to see in Vietnam travel 2022
Vietnam has many attractions that showcase its natural beauty, cultural heritage, and historical legacy. Here are some of the must-see places in Vietnam travel 2022:
Ha Long Bay
Ha Long Bay (Vịnh Hạ Long) is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is famous for its stunning scenery of limestone karsts, islands, caves, and emerald waters. It is located in the Gulf of Tonkin, about 170 km east of Hanoi. It covers an area of over 1,500 km2 and has over 2,000 islets.
Ha Long Bay is a great place to enjoy a cruise, kayak, swim, snorkel, or hike. You can also visit some of the attractions in the bay, such as:
- Ti Top Island (Đảo Ti Tốp), which has a beautiful beach and a viewpoint that offers a panoramic view of the bay.
- Sung Sot Cave (Hang Sửng Sốt), which is one of the largest and most impressive caves in the bay. It has two chambers that are filled with stalactites, stalagmites, and rock formations. vietnam travel 2022
- Thien Cung Cave (Hang Thiên Cung), which is another spectacular cave that has a high ceiling and colorful lights. It has many legends and stories associated with it. vietnam travel 2022
- Dau Go Cave (Hang Đầu Gỗ), which is a historical cave that was used as a hideout and a weapon store by the Vietnamese army during the wars against the Mongols and the French. vietnam travel 2022
- Bai Tu Long Bay (Vịnh Bái Tử Long), which is a less crowded and more pristine part of the bay. It has many islands, beaches, fishing villages, and wildlife.
You can book a day trip or an overnight cruise to Ha Long Bay from Hanoi or from the nearby city of Haiphong. The price varies depending on the type and duration of the cruise, but it usually ranges from 500,000 VND ($22 USD) to 3 million VND ($130 USD) per person.
Hoi An (Hội An) is a charming and picturesque town that is known for its well-preserved ancient architecture, culture, and cuisine. It is located on the coast of central Vietnam, about 30 km south of Da Nang. It was once a major trading port that attracted merchants from China, Japan, India, and Europe from the 15th to the 19th century.
Hoi An is a great place to wander around, shop, eat, and relax. You can also visit some of the attractions in the town, such as:
- The Old Town (Phố Cổ), which is the historic center of Hoi An. It has many old houses, temples, pagodas, bridges, and museums that reflect the diverse influences of different cultures. You can buy a ticket that allows you to enter five attractions of your choice for 120,000 VND ($5 USD) per person. vietnam travel 2022
- The Japanese Covered Bridge (Cầu Chùa Nhật Bản), which is one of the symbols of Hoi An. It was built in 1593 by the Japanese community to connect their quarter with the Chinese quarter. It has a wooden structure with a tiled roof and a small temple inside.
- The Tan Ky House (Nhà Tấn Ký), which is one of the oldest and most authentic houses in Hoi An. It was built in 1741 by a wealthy merchant family and has been preserved by seven generations. It has a fusion of Vietnamese, Chinese, and Japanese architectural styles and features. vietnam travel 2022
- The Phuc Kien Assembly Hall (Hội Quán Phúc Kiến), which is one of the most impressive and colorful temples in Hoi An. It was built in 1690 by the Fujian Chinese community to worship their ancestors and deities. It has a large courtyard with statues, bonsai trees, and lanterns.
- The Hoi An Night Market (Chợ đêm Hội An), which is a lively and colorful event that takes place every night from 6 pm to 11 pm along Nguyen Hoang Street. It has over 50 stalls that sell souvenirs, handicrafts, clothes, accessories, and street food. vietnam travel 2022
You can also enjoy some of the activities and experiences in Hoi An, such as:
- Taking a cooking class to learn how to make some of the local specialties, such as cao lau (noodle dish), banh xeo (crispy pancake), or banh mi (sandwich).
- Getting a tailor-made outfit from one of the many shops that offer custom-made clothes, shoes, bags, and accessories at affordable prices. vietnam travel 2022
- Taking a bicycle tour to explore the countryside and visit some of the nearby attractions, such as Tra Que Vegetable Village (Làng rau Trà Quế), Thanh Ha Pottery Village (Làng gốm Thanh Hà), or Cam Thanh Coconut Village
- Taking a boat ride on the Thu Bon River (Sông Thu Bồn) to enjoy the scenery and visit some of the islands, such as Cam Kim Island (Đảo Cẩm Kim) or Cham Island (Đảo Cù Lao Chàm). vietnam travel 2022
- Taking a lantern making class to learn how to make your own lantern from bamboo and silk. You can also join the lantern festival that takes place on the 14th day of every lunar month, when the town is lit up by thousands of lanterns.
You can stay in Hoi An for a few days or a week, depending on your budget and itinerary. You can find accommodation options ranging from hostels, homestays, guesthouses, to hotels and resorts. The average price is around 500,000 VND ($22 USD) per night.
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City (Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh), also known as Saigon (Sài Gòn), is the largest and most dynamic city in Vietnam. It is located in the south of Vietnam, near the Mekong Delta. It was once the capital of South Vietnam and the center of the Vietnam War. It is now the economic, cultural, and entertainment hub of Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh City is a city of contrasts, where the old and the new, the traditional and the modern, the east and the west coexist in harmony. Ho Chi Minh City is a city that offers something for everyone, whether you are interested in history, culture, cuisine, nightlife, or shopping. You can also visit some of the attractions in the city, such as:
- The Reunification Palace (Dinh Thống Nhất), which was the former residence and office of the president of South Vietnam. It was also the site of the end of the Vietnam War in 1975, when a tank crashed through its gate. It is now a museum that displays the rooms, furniture, and artifacts from that era. vietnam travel 2022
- The War Remnants Museum (Bảo tàng Chứng tích Chiến tranh), which is one of the most popular and powerful museums in Ho Chi Minh City. It exhibits the photos, documents, weapons, and vehicles that tell the story of the Vietnam War and its consequences.
- The Notre Dame Cathedral (Nhà thờ Đức Bà), which is a beautiful and iconic landmark of Ho Chi Minh City. It was built in 1880 by the French colonists and has a neo-Romanesque style with two towers and a red brick facade. vietnam travel 2022
- The Central Post Office (Bưu điện Trung tâm), which is another impressive and historic building in Ho Chi Minh City. It was designed by Gustave Eiffel, the architect of the Eiffel Tower, and has a Gothic style with a large dome and a clock. It is still a functioning post office that offers postal services and souvenirs.
- The Ben Thanh Market (Chợ Bến Thành), which is one of the oldest and most famous markets in Ho Chi Minh City. It sells everything from clothes, accessories, souvenirs, to fresh produce, seafood, and street food. It is also a lively and colorful place to experience the local culture and atmosphere. vietnam travel 2022
You can also enjoy some of the activities and experiences in Ho Chi Minh City, such as:
- Taking a day trip to Cu Chi Tunnels (Địa đạo Củ Chi), which are a network of underground tunnels that were used by the Viet Cong guerrillas during the Vietnam War. You can learn about their history, see their traps and weapons, and even crawl through some of them. vietnam travel 2022
- Taking a day trip to Mekong Delta (Đồng bằng Sông Cửu Long), which is a vast area of rivers, canals, islands, and villages that produce most of Vietnam’s rice, fruits, and fish. You can take a boat ride to see the floating markets, coconut farms, orchards, and pagodas.
- Taking a cooking class to learn how to make some of the local specialties, such as pho (noodle soup), banh mi (sandwich), spring rolls (gỏi cuốn), or broken rice (cơm tấm). vietnam travel 2022
- Taking a nightlife tour to explore some of the best bars, clubs, and pubs in Ho Chi Minh City. You can enjoy live music, karaoke, cocktails, beer, or wine.
- Taking a shopping tour to visit some of the best malls, markets, and boutiques in Ho Chi Minh City. You can find everything from luxury brands, local designers, handicrafts, to bargains and souvenirs. vietnam travel 2022
You can stay in Ho Chi Minh City for a few days or a week, depending on your budget and itinerary. You can find accommodation options ranging from hostels, homestays, guesthouses, to hotels and resorts. The average price is around 600,000 VND ($26 USD) per night.
Vietnam is a country that will amaze you with its diversity, beauty, and charm. It is a country that will inspire you with its history, culture, and people. It is a country that will satisfy you with its cuisine, activities, and experiences. Vietnam is a country that you will love and want to visit again and again.
We hope this blog post has given you some ideas and inspiration for your Vietnam travel 2022. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Thank you for reading and happy travels!