vietnam tour jacket If you are looking for a souvenir that is both stylish and practical, you might want to consider buying a Vietnam tour jacket. A Vietnam tour jacket is a type of bomber jacket that features patches and embroidery of various places and symbols of Vietnam. It is a popular item among tourists and locals alike, as it can keep you warm and fashionable at the same time. In this blog post, I will tell you more about the history, design, and meaning of the Vietnam tour jacket, and where you can buy one for yourself.
The History of the Vietnam Tour Jacket
The origin of the Vietnam tour jacket can be traced back to the Vietnam War, when American soldiers and pilots wore leather or nylon jackets with patches and insignia of their units and missions. These jackets were not only a way to show their identity and pride, but also a way to cope with the stress and trauma of war. Some of the soldiers also customized their jackets with personal messages, artwork, or souvenirs from Vietnam, such as coins, beads, or silk.
After the war ended, some of the jackets were left behind or sold to the locals, who adopted them as a fashion statement. The jackets became popular among young Vietnamese people, especially in the south, who saw them as a symbol of freedom and rebellion. They also added their own patches and embroidery of Vietnamese places and culture, such as the flag, the map, the lotus flower, or the dragon.
The jackets also caught the attention of foreign tourists, who were impressed by their unique and colorful design. They started to buy them as souvenirs or gifts for their friends and family back home. The demand for the jackets increased over time, and many shops and stalls began to sell them in various sizes, colors, and styles.
The Design and Meaning of the Vietnam Tour Jacket
The Vietnam tour jacket is usually made of leather or nylon, with a zipper closure and elastic cuffs and waistband. It has two front pockets and sometimes a sleeve pocket. The most distinctive feature of the jacket is the patches and embroidery that cover the front, back, and sleeves. The patches and embroidery can vary depending on the shop, the customer, or the occasion, but some of the most common ones are:
- The flag of Vietnam: A red background with a yellow star in the center. It represents the unity and sovereignty of Vietnam.
- The map of Vietnam: A shape of Vietnam with the names of the major cities and regions. It shows the geography and diversity of Vietnam.
- The lotus flower: A pink or white flower that grows in muddy water. It symbolizes purity, beauty, and enlightenment in Vietnamese culture.
- The dragon: A mythical creature that can fly and breathe fire. It symbolizes power, strength, and prosperity in Vietnamese culture.
- The name of the customer: A personalized touch that makes the jacket more special and memorable.
- The name of the shop or the city: A way to promote the business or the destination.
The Vietnam tour jacket is not only a fashionable item, but also a meaningful one. It reflects the history, culture, and identity of Vietnam, as well as the personal experience and preference of the wearer. It is a souvenir that can tell a story and evoke memories.
Where to Buy a Vietnam Tour Jacket
If you are interested in buying a Vietnam tour jacket, you have several options to choose from. You can find them in many souvenir shops and markets in major cities, such as Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, or Hoi An. You can also order them online from various websites or social media platforms. However, some tips to keep in mind are:
- Compare the prices and quality of different shops and sellers. Some may charge more or less depending on the material, size, or design of the jacket.
- Check the reviews and feedback of previous customers. Some may share their photos or opinions of the jacket they bought. vietnam tour jacket
- Customize your jacket according to your taste and budget. You can choose the color, size, style, and patches of your jacket. You can also ask for a specific design or message if you want. vietnam tour jacket
- Be patient and respectful. The jacket may take some time to make and deliver, depending on the availability and workload of the shop or seller. You should also respect their work and culture, and avoid any offensive or inappropriate requests. vietnam tour jacket
I hope this blog post has given you some useful information and inspiration on the Vietnam tour jacket. It is a stylish and practical souvenir that can make you stand out from the crowd and remind you of your trip to Vietnam. So, what are you waiting for? Get yourself a Vietnam tour jacket today!