uhaul van rental If you are planning to move, transport large items, or travel with a group of people, you might be looking for a reliable and affordable van rental service. One of the most popular options in the US is Uhaul, which offers a variety of vans for different purposes and budgets. In this blog post, we will cover everything you need to know about Uhaul van rental, including:
- The types and sizes of Uhaul vans
- The benefits and features of Uhaul vans
- The prices and fees of Uhaul van rental
- The tips and tricks for renting a Uhaul van
- The alternatives to Uhaul van rental
The Types and Sizes of Uhaul Vans
Uhaul offers two main types of vans: cargo vans and passenger vans. Cargo vans are ideal for moving small loads, such as a studio or a one-bedroom apartment. They can also be used for transporting furniture, appliances, or other bulky items. Passenger vans are perfect for traveling with a large group of people, such as a family or a team. They can seat up to 15 passengers and have plenty of room for luggage.
The sizes of Uhaul vans vary depending on the type and model. Here are some examples:
- 9’ Cargo Van: This is the smallest cargo van offered by Uhaul. It has a loading capacity of 245 cubic feet and can fit up to one queen-size mattress. It is suitable for moving small loads or making deliveries.
- 10’ Cargo Van: This is a slightly larger cargo van that can hold up to 2,800 pounds of cargo. It has a loading capacity of 402 cubic feet and can fit up to one king-size mattress. It is ideal for moving a studio or a small one-bedroom apartment.
- 15’ Passenger Van: This is the smallest passenger van offered by Uhaul. It can seat up to 12 passengers and has a luggage capacity of 230 cubic feet. It is great for traveling with a medium-sized group of people or transporting equipment.
- 17’ Passenger Van: This is the largest passenger van offered by Uhaul. It can seat up to 15 passengers and has a luggage capacity of 267 cubic feet. It is perfect for traveling with a large group of people or moving bulky items.
The Benefits and Features of Uhaul Vans
Uhaul vans have many benefits and features that make them convenient and comfortable for renters. Some of them are:
- Easy reservation: You can reserve a Uhaul van online, by phone, or in person at any Uhaul location. You can also check the availability and rates of different vans on the Uhaul website or app.
- Flexible rental: You can rent a Uhaul van for as long as you need it, from an hour to several days. You can also extend or modify your reservation if your plans change.
- Nationwide coverage: You can pick up and drop off your Uhaul van at any of the over 20,000 Uhaul locations across the US and Canada. You can also choose to do a one-way rental if you are moving to another city or state.
- Affordable pricing: You can rent a Uhaul van at a low base rate that includes some miles and insurance coverage. You can also save money by taking advantage of discounts, coupons, or special offers from Uhaul.
- Modern equipment: You can enjoy driving a Uhaul van that is well-maintained, clean, and equipped with features such as air conditioning, power steering, automatic transmission, AM/FM radio, CD player, USB port, backup camera, cruise control, and more.
- Customer service: You can get help from the friendly and professional staff at Uhaul locations or contact the 24/7 customer support team if you have any questions or issues with your rental.
The Prices and Fees of Uhaul Van Rental
The prices and fees of Uhaul van rental depend on several factors, such as the type and size of the van, the duration and distance of the rental, the location and season of the rental, and the optional services and products you choose. Here are some estimates based on average rates:
- Base rate: This is the amount you pay per day or per hour for renting a Uhaul van. It ranges from $19.95 to $29.95 per day for cargo vans and from $99 to $149 per day for passenger vans. It also varies by location and availability.
- Mileage rate: This is the amount you pay per mile for driving a Uhaul van. It ranges from $0.59 to $0.79 per mile for cargo vans and from $0.29 to $0.49 per mile for passenger vans. It also varies by location and season.
- Insurance rate: This is the amount you pay for optional insurance coverage for your Uhaul van. It ranges from $14 to $28 per day for cargo vans and from $28 to $42 per day for passenger vans. It also varies by the level of coverage you choose.
- Other fees: These are the additional fees you may incur for your Uhaul van rental, such as taxes, environmental fees, fuel charges, late fees, cleaning fees, damage fees, or tolls.
To get an accurate quote for your Uhaul van rental, you can use the online calculator on the Uhaul website or app, or call or visit a Uhaul location near you.
The Tips and Tricks for Renting a Uhaul Van
Renting a Uhaul van can be a smooth and hassle-free experience if you follow some tips and tricks, such as:
- Plan ahead: Make your reservation as early as possible to secure the best rates and availability of your preferred van. Also, check the dimensions and weight limits of the van to make sure it can fit your load or passengers.
- Compare options: Shop around and compare the prices and features of different Uhaul vans and locations. You may find a better deal or a more convenient location by doing some research.
- Read the fine print: Review the terms and conditions of your Uhaul van rental carefully before signing the contract. Pay attention to the details such as the cancellation policy, the fuel policy, the insurance policy, and the liability policy.
- Inspect the van: Before driving away, inspect the van for any existing damage or defects and report them to the Uhaul staff. Also, check the gas level, the tire pressure, the lights, the brakes, and the mirrors.
- Drive safely: Follow the traffic rules and regulations when driving a Uhaul van. Also, be aware of the height, width, length, and weight of the van and avoid low bridges, narrow roads, tight turns, or steep hills.
- Return on time: Return your Uhaul van on time to avoid late fees or penalties. Also, refill the gas tank to the same level as when you picked it up, clean the interior and exterior of the van, and remove any personal belongings.
The Alternatives to Uhaul Van Rental
If you are not satisfied with Uhaul van rental or want to explore other options, you can consider some alternatives such as:
- Budget Truck Rental: This is another popular truck rental company that offers cargo vans and passenger vans at competitive rates. You can also get discounts if you are a member of AAA, AARP, or USAA.
- Enterprise Truck Rental: This is a truck rental service that is part of Enterprise Rent-A-Car. It offers cargo vans and passenger vans that are newer and more fuel-efficient than Uhaul vans. You can also get free roadside assistance and unlimited mileage for one-way rentals.
- Penske Truck Rental: This is a truck rental company that offers cargo vans and passenger vans that are well-maintained and equipped with advanced technology. You can also get free unlimited miles for one-way rentals and 24/7 customer service.
Uhaul van rental is a convenient and affordable way to move, transport, or travel with ease. You can choose from a variety of vans that suit your needs and budget. You can also enjoy many benefits and features that make your rental experience smooth and comfortable. However, you should also be aware of the prices and fees of Uhaul van rental and follow some tips and tricks to avoid any problems or surprises. You can also compare Uhaul van rental with other alternatives to find the best option for you.
I hope this blog post was helpful for you. If you have any questions or comments about Uhaul van rental, please feel free to leave them below. Thank you for reading!