travel vietnam december Vietnam is a country that has something for everyone, no matter what season you visit. But if you want to experience the best of both worlds, you should consider traveling to Vietnam in December. December is the month when you can enjoy the sun and the snow in Vietnam, depending on where you go.
You can relax on the sunny beaches in the south, explore the snowy mountains in the north, or discover the cultural and historical attractions in the central region.
In this blog post, I will give you some information and tips on how to travel Vietnam in December and make the most of your trip.
Why Travel Vietnam in December?
December is one of the best months to travel to Vietnam for several reasons:
- The weather is dry and pleasant in most parts of the country. The north has little rain and moderate temperatures (average: 19°C). The south has blue skies, plenty of sunshine, and virtually no rain. The central region has less rain and possibility of storms, with dropping temperatures (average: 24°C). travel vietnam december
- The scenery is beautiful and diverse. You can see the green rice fields, the golden sand dunes, the turquoise sea, the limestone karsts, the waterfalls, and the rice terraces. You can also see some rare natural phenomena such as the aurora borealis in Sapa or Ha Giang, or the saltwater lagoon in Nha Trang.
- The culture is rich and festive. You can learn about the history and traditions of Vietnam by visiting museums, temples, pagodas, churches, and monuments. You can also join some of the festivals and celebrations that take place in December, such as Christmas, New Year’s Eve, or Dong Nhi Festival. travel vietnam december
- The activities are fun and varied. You can do a lot of things in Vietnam in December, such as cruising on Halong Bay, trekking in Sapa, kayaking in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, snorkeling in Phu Quoc Island, cycling in Hoi An, cooking in Hue, shopping in Ho Chi Minh City, or motorbiking in Ha Giang.
Where to Go and What to Do in Vietnam in December?
Vietnam has a lot of places to go and things to do in December. Here are some of the best options for you:
- Hanoi: The capital city of Vietnam is a great place to start your trip. You can see some of the famous landmarks such as Hoan Kiem Lake, Old Quarter, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Temple of Literature, and One Pillar Pagoda. You can also enjoy some of the cultural experiences such as watching a water puppet show, visiting a pagoda or temple, joining a cooking class, or attending a festival. travel vietnam december
- Halong Bay: One of the most beautiful and popular destinations in Vietnam. You can cruise on a traditional junk boat or a modern speedboat and see the stunning limestone karsts , caves, islands, and fishing villages. You can also kayak, swim, snorkel, or relax on the boat.
- Sapa: A mountainous town in the northwest of Vietnam. You can ride on the winding roads that offer spectacular views of the valleys, mountains, waterfalls, and rice terraces. You can also trek, homestay, or visit some of the ethnic minority villages. You can also see the aurora borealis in Sapa if you are lucky and the weather is clear. travel vietnam december
- Ha Giang: A province in the far north of Vietnam. You can motorbike on the scenic and challenging loop that passes through some of the most remote and stunning landscapes in Vietnam. You can see the Dong Van Karst Plateau, the Ma Pi Leng Pass, the Lung Cu Flag Tower, and the Quan Ba Twin Mountains. You can also see the aurora borealis in Ha Giang if you are lucky and the weather is clear. travel vietnam december
- Hue: The former imperial capital of Vietnam. You can see some of the historical and cultural attractions such as the Imperial City, the Thien Mu Pagoda, the Tomb of Tu Duc, and the Perfume River. You can also enjoy some of the culinary delights such as bun bo hue (spicy beef noodle soup), banh beo (steamed rice cakes), and com hen (rice with clams). travel vietnam december
- Hoi An: A charming and ancient town in central Vietnam. You can see some of the architectural and cultural heritage such as the Japanese Bridge, the Old House of Tan Ky, the Assembly Hall of Fujian Chinese Congregation, and the Lantern Festival. You can also enjoy some of the activities such as cycling, shopping, cooking, or relaxing on the beach. travel vietnam december
- Nha Trang: A coastal city in south-central Vietnam. You can see some of the natural and marine attractions such as the Hon Mun Island, the Hon Tam Island, the Vinpearl Land, and the Po Nagar Cham Towers. You can also enjoy some of the water sports such as diving, snorkeling, surfing, or sailing. travel vietnam december
- Ho Chi Minh City: The largest and most modern city in Vietnam. You can see some of the historical and cultural landmarks such as the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Reunification Palace, the War Remnants Museum, and the Ben Thanh Market. You can also enjoy some of the nightlife and entertainment options such as bars, clubs, restaurants, or theaters. travel vietnam december
- Phu Quoc Island: A tropical island in the south of Vietnam. You can see some of the natural and marine attractions such as the Long Beach, the Sao Beach, the Phu Quoc National Park, and the Dinh Cau Rock Temple. You can also enjoy some of the water sports such as diving, snorkeling, fishing, or kayaking. travel vietnam december
How to Travel Vietnam in December?
Traveling Vietnam in December is easy and convenient. You can find cheap flights to Vietnam from various destinations around the world. You can use online platforms such as Skyscanner, Kayak, or Google Flights to compare different airlines and find the best deals. You can also use websites such as Booking.com, Agoda, or Airbnb to find affordable accommodation options in Vietnam. travel vietnam december
Depending on your nationality and the length of your stay, you may need a visa to enter Vietnam. You can check the visa requirements and apply for a visa online at the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department. You should apply for a visa at least 2 weeks before your departure date to avoid any delays or complications. travel vietnam december
You can travel around Vietnam by various means of transportation such as buses, trains, taxis, motorbikes, or planes. You can buy bus tickets at bus stations or from the driver, train tickets at train stations or online, and taxi meters at taxi stands or by hailing them on the street. You can also use apps such as Grab or GoViet to book motorbike taxis or cars online. You can also rent a motorbike from various shops or hotels in major cities or tourist areas for around 100,000-200,000 VND ($4.32-$8.64) per day. travel vietnam december
You should pack wisely and dress appropriately for your trip to Vietnam in December. You should pack light and bring only the essentials for your trip. You should also bring warm and waterproof clothing and footwear for your trip to the north, especially in mountainous areas such as Sapa or Ha Giang. You should also bring a flashlight, a camera, a tripod, and a power bank to capture and enjoy the aurora borealis. For the south and central regions, you should bring summer outfits such as sun hats, sundresses, sunglasses, flip flops and beach shirts. You should also bring some sunscreen and insect repellent. travel vietnam december
Vietnam is a wonderful destination to visit in December. You can enjoy the sun and the snow in Vietnam, depending on where you go. You can relax on the sunny beaches in the south, explore the snowy mountains in the north, or discover the cultural and historical attractions in the central region. travel vietnam december
I hope this blog post has been helpful and informative for you. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Thank you for reading and happy travels! 😊