travel to vietnam in july Vietnam is a fascinating country with a diverse geography, culture and history. It is a year-round destination that offers something for everyone, from stunning natural scenery to vibrant cities to rich heritage. However, if you are planning to travel to Vietnam in July, you may wonder what the weather will be like, what festivals and events will take place, and what are the best places to visit. In this blog post, we will answer these questions and give you some tips and suggestions for travelling to Vietnam in July.
What is the weather like in Vietnam in July? travel to vietnam in july
Vietnam has a tropical monsoon climate that varies significantly from north to south and from coast to inland. In general, July is one of the hottest and wettest months of the year in Vietnam, with high temperatures and humidity levels. However, there are also regional differences that you should be aware of when travelling to Vietnam in July.
- In the north of Vietnam, such as Hanoi, Sapa and Halong Bay, July is the peak of the summer season, with average temperatures ranging from 26°C to 33°C and occasional thunderstorms and heavy rains. The humidity can reach up to 80%, making it feel hotter than it actually is. However, there are also sunny days and clear skies that allow you to enjoy the outdoor activities and attractions. travel to vietnam in july
- In the central of Vietnam, such as Hue, Da Nang and Hoi An, July is also a hot and humid month, with average temperatures ranging from 28°C to 35°C and frequent showers and storms. The rainfall can cause flooding and landslides in some areas, especially in the mountainous regions. However, there are also dry spells and sunny days that make it possible to visit the beaches and historical sites. travel to vietnam in july
- In the south of Vietnam, such as Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta and Phu Quoc Island, July is the middle of the rainy season, with average temperatures ranging from 25°C to 32°C and heavy downpours and thunderstorms. The rain usually occurs in the afternoon or evening and lasts for a few hours, leaving the rest of the day warm and sunny. The humidity can reach up to 90%, making it feel muggy and sticky. travel to vietnam in july
What are the festivals and events in Vietnam in July?
Despite the hot and wet weather, July is still a lively and festive month in Vietnam, with many cultural and religious celebrations taking place across the country. Here are some of the festivals and events that you can experience when travelling to Vietnam in July:
- Hung King Temple Festival: This is a national holiday that commemorates the legendary founders of the first Vietnamese kingdom, the Hung Kings. It takes place on the 10th day of the fifth lunar month, which usually falls in July. The main celebration is held at the Hung King Temple Complex in Phu Tho Province, where thousands of pilgrims and visitors gather to pay tribute to the ancestors, watch traditional performances and participate in various activities and games. travel to vietnam in july
- Vu Lan Festival: This is a Buddhist festival that honours the parents and ancestors of the living. It takes place on the 15th day of the seventh lunar month, which usually falls in July or August. The festival is also known as the Ghost Festival, as it is believed that the gates of hell are opened and the spirits of the dead wander the earth. People visit temples and pagodas to pray for their loved ones, offer food and incense, and release lanterns and paper boats on rivers and lakes. travel to vietnam in july
- Whale Festival: This is a folk festival that celebrates the whale, which is considered a sacred animal and a protector of fishermen in Vietnam. It takes place on different dates in different coastal provinces, such as Quang Nam, Binh Thuan and Kien Giang, but usually in July or August. The festival involves a procession of boats carrying a whale skeleton or statue from the sea to the shore, followed by rituals, prayers, offerings and performances. travel to vietnam in july
What are the best places to visit in Vietnam in July?
Vietnam has a lot of amazing places to visit in July, depending on your preferences and interests. Whether you are looking for nature, culture, adventure or relaxation, you will find something that suits your taste in Vietnam. Here are some of the best places to visit in Vietnam in July:
- Sapa: If you want to escape the heat and enjoy the cool and fresh mountain air, Sapa is a great choice for you. Sapa is a town in the northwest of Vietnam, surrounded by the Hoang Lien Son mountain range and the Fansipan peak, the highest in Indochina. Sapa is famous for its stunning terraced rice fields, ethnic minority villages, trekking trails and waterfalls. July is a good time to visit Sapa, as the rice fields are green and lush, and the flowers are blooming. You can also witness some of the local festivals and markets, such as the Love Market and the Cat Cat Festival. travel to vietnam in july
- Phu Quoc Island: If you want to relax on a tropical island with white sand beaches, turquoise water and palm trees, Phu Quoc Island is a perfect destination for you. Phu Quoc Island is the largest and most developed island in Vietnam, located in the Gulf of Thailand, off the coast of Kien Giang Province. Phu Quoc Island has a lot to offer for travellers, from snorkelling and diving to exploring the national park and the pepper farms. July is a good time to visit Phu Quoc Island, as it is one of the driest months of the year, with plenty of sunshine and calm sea. travel to vietnam in july
- Hoi An: If you want to experience the charm and beauty of an ancient town with a rich history and culture, Hoi An is a must-see place for you. Hoi An is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that preserves the architecture and lifestyle of a trading port from the 15th to 19th centuries. Hoi An is famous for its lanterns, tailor shops, silk factories and food. July is a good time to visit Hoi An, as it coincides with the Full Moon Festival, which takes place on the 14th day of every lunar month. During this festival, the town turns off its electric lights and illuminates with candles, lanterns and incense. You can also enjoy music, dance, games and food on the streets. travel to vietnam in july
Vietnam is a wonderful country that welcomes you in July. With its diverse attractions, friendly people and delicious food, it will surely make your trip memorable and enjoyable. However, before you book your flight and pack your bags, make sure you check the latest travel updates and requirements for travelling to Vietnam in July. We hope this blog post has given you some useful information and tips for planning your trip. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please feel free to contact us. We are happy to help you with your travel needs. Thank you for reading and we hope to see you soon in Vietnam! travel to vietnam in july