Ti Top Island, also known as Titov Island, is one of the most beautiful and popular islands in Halong Bay, a natural wonder in Quang Ninh Province, Vietnam. It is located about 7 km from Bai Chay port and 14 km from Tuan Chau harbor, facing Bo Hon Island with the renowned Sung Sot Cave12
Ti Top Island has a total area of 3.7 hectares and a height of 110 meters above sea level. It has a beach that is shaped like a crescent moon and known for its tranquility and crystal clear water. It also has a mountain that offers a panoramic view of Halong Bay from its peak34
Ti Top Island was named after the Russian cosmonaut Gherman Titov, who visited the island with President Ho Chi Minh in 1962. The island has since become a favorite destination for tourists who want to enjoy the natural beauty and charm of Halong Bay, as well as engage in various activities such as swimming, kayaking, hiking, etc.
In this blog post, I will introduce you to some of the main features and attractions of Ti Top Island, as well as some tips and recommendations for visiting this amazing place.
The Beauty and Charm of Ti Top Island
The main attraction of Ti Top Island is its beauty and charm. The island has two distinct parts: the beach and the mountain, each offering a different experience and perspective of Halong Bay.
- The beach: The beach of Ti Top Island is about 400 meters long and 100 meters wide. It has white sand that contrasts with the turquoise water of the bay. The beach is ideal for swimming, sunbathing, relaxing, and playing water sports. The water is calm and clear, allowing you to see the colorful coral reefs and fish under the surface. The beach also has full services and facilities for tourists such as showers, changing rooms, umbrellas, chairs, etc.
- The mountain: The mountain of Ti Top Island is about 110 meters high and has a winding path that leads to its summit. It takes about 15 minutes to climb up the mountain by foot or by cable car. The mountain offers a breathtaking view of Halong Bay from its peak, where you can see hundreds of limestone islands and islets scattered across the water. The mountain also has a monument that commemorates the visit of Gherman Titov and Ho Chi Minh to the island in 1962.
The beauty and charm of Ti Top Island are stunning and captivating. They are also natural and authentic. Therefore, it is important to respect and protect them by following some rules and guidelines:
- Do not litter or leave any waste on the beach or on the mountain.
- Do not touch or damage any coral reefs or marine life.
- Do not swim or kayak too far from the shore or near the border with China.
- Do not make noise or disturb the peace of the island.
How to Visit Ti Top Island
Ti Top Island can be visited all year round thanks to the availability of day and overnight cruises in Halong Bay. However, some seasons may be more preferable than others depending on your preferences and expectations.
- Spring (March to May): This is the best time to visit Ti Top Island as the weather is dry and sunny, with an average temperature of 25°C (77°F) and low humidity. The water is clear and calm, making it perfect for swimming and kayaking. The flowers are also blooming on the island, adding more color and fragrance to the scenery.
- Summer (June to August): This is the peak season for domestic tourists as they flock to Ti Top Island to escape the heat and enjoy the beach. The weather is hot and humid, with an average temperature of 28°C (82°F) and high humidity. The water is warm and inviting, but may be cloudy due to rainfall. The island may be crowded and noisy during this time.
- Autumn (September to November): This is another good time to visit Ti Top Island as the weather is cool and pleasant, with an average temperature of 23°C (73°F) and low humidity. The water is clear and calm, making it ideal for swimming and kayaking. The island is also less crowded and more peaceful during this time.
- Winter (December to February): This is the low season for tourists as the weather is cold and cloudy, with an average temperature of 15°C (59°F) and high humidity. The water is chilly and rough, making it unsuitable for swimming and kayaking. The island may be foggy and misty, creating a mysterious and romantic atmosphere.
The cost of visiting Ti Top Island depends on your budget and preferences. You can find various options for cruises that include Ti Top Island in their itinerary, ranging from budget to luxury. You can also find various options for transportation that can take you to Halong Bay from Hanoi or from other nearby cities, ranging from bus to train to car.
There are some things to keep in mind when visiting Ti Top Island:
- Book your cruise and transportation in advance as they may sell out quickly or be canceled due to weather conditions.
- Bring your passport or ID card as you may need to register at the site’s authority office or show it at the border checkpoint.
- Bring water, snacks, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, etc.
- Do not bring any plastic bags or bottles as they are banned on the site.
Ti Top Island is a picturesque beauty in Halong Bay that offers a lot of attractions and activities for visitors. It is a place where you can enjoy the natural beauty and charm of the bay, as well as the history and culture of the island.
If you are interested in visiting Ti Top Island, you can book your cruise online or contact us for more information and assistance. We hope you will have a wonderful time at Ti Top Island! 😊