Pa Khoang Lake If you are looking for a place to enjoy the tranquility and beauty of nature in Vietnam, Pa Khoang Lake is the perfect choice for you. Pa Khoang Lake is a natural lake in Dien Bien province, which is located in northwest Vietnam. Pa Khoang Lake is famous for its clear and blue water, its green and hilly surroundings, and its rich and diverse flora and fauna. In this blog post, we will introduce you to some of the features and attractions of Pa Khoang Lake and give you some tips on how to plan your visit.
Pa Khoang Lake’s Location: A Remote and Peaceful Destination
The first thing you need to know about Pa Khoang Lake is its location, which is remote and peaceful. Pa Khoang Lake is located in Muong Phang commune, which is about 20 kilometers from Dien Bien Phu city. Pa Khoang Lake is also close to some other attractions in Dien Bien such as the Dien Bien Phu Historical Site, the Muong Thanh Valley, and the Him Lam Hill.
The easiest way to get to Pa Khoang Lake is by taking a bus from Hanoi to Dien Bien Phu city, which takes about 10 hours and costs about 300,000 VND per person. Alternatively, you can take a flight from Hanoi to Dien Bien Phu Airport, which takes about 1 hour and costs about 1,500,000 VND per person. From Dien Bien Phu city or airport, you can take a taxi or a motorbike to Pa Khoang Lake, which takes about 30 minutes and costs about 100,000 VND per person.
Pa Khoang Lake’s Scenery: A Beautiful and Diverse Landscape
The second thing you need to know about Pa Khoang Lake is its scenery, which is beautiful and diverse. Pa Khoang Lake covers an area of over 2 square kilometers and has a depth of up to 15 meters. Pa Khoang Lake has clear and blue water that reflects the green and hilly surroundings. Pa Khoang Lake also has many islands and peninsulas that create a unique and charming landscape.
Pa Khoang Lake is an ideal place to relax and enjoy the nature. You can either lie on the shore, swim in the water, or take a boat ride around the lake. You can also admire the view of the lake and the mountains while relaxing on the shore.
Pa Khoang Lake’s Activities: A Fun and Interesting Place
The third thing you need to know about Pa Khoang Lake is its activities, which are fun and interesting. Pa Khoang Lake has many activities that you can enjoy on and around the lake. Some of the activities you can enjoy are:
- Fishing: One of the most popular activities on Pa Khoang Lake, especially for local people. Fishing is a relaxing and rewarding way to spend some time on the lake and catch some fish such as carp, catfish, snakehead, or perch. You can rent a fishing rod or join a fishing tour from one of the homestays or resorts on the lake shore.
- Trekking: Another popular activity on Pa Khoang Lake, especially for nature lovers. Trekking is a great way to explore the hilly terrain, the green forests, and the ethnic villages around the lake. You can either join a guided tour or trek on your own. Some of the best trekking routes are:
- Pa Khoang Lake – Muong Phang Village – Dien Bien Phu Historical Site: A moderate trek that takes you through some of the most scenic and historical spots in Dien Bien. The trek lasts for about 6 hours and covers a distance of about 15 kilometers.
- Pa Khoang Lake – Chieng Yen Village – Pa Thom Cave: A challenging trek that takes you through some of the most remote and untouched spots in Dien Bien. The trek lasts for about 8 hours and covers a distance of about 20 kilometers.
- Pa Khoang Lake – Him Lam Hill – Muong Thanh Valley: An easy trek that takes you through some of the most beautiful and peaceful spots in Dien Bien. The trek lasts for about 4 hours and covers a distance of about 10 kilometers.
- Cultural and historical visits: Another popular activity on Pa Khoang Lake, especially for history and culture lovers. Cultural and historical visits are a good way to learn more about the history and culture of Dien Bien and its people. You can either join a guided tour or visit on your own. Some of the places you should visit are:
- Dien Bien Phu Historical Site: A historical site that was the scene of the decisive battle between the Vietnamese and the French in 1954, which ended the First Indochina War. The site has many monuments and exhibits that display the history and significance of the battle, such as the Dien Bien Phu Museum, the A1 Hill, the De Castries Bunker, and the Dien Bien Phu Cemetery.
- Muong Thanh Valley: A cultural site that is home to the Thai ethnic group, who are known for their stilt houses, rice fields, bamboo rafts, brocade weaving, and folk songs. The valley is a place where you can see and experience the culture and lifestyle of the Thai people.
- Him Lam Hill: A natural site that has a panoramic view of Pa Khoang Lake and its surroundings. The hill is also a place where you can see some ancient carvings and paintings that date back to thousands of years ago.
Pa Khoang Lake is a hidden gem in Dien Bien that offers a peaceful and scenic retreat from the busy and noisy city life. Pa Khoang Lake has a clear and blue water that reflects the green and hilly surroundings. Pa Khoang Lake also has a rich and diverse flora and fauna that inhabits the lake and its surroundings. Pa Khoang Lake also has many activities that you can enjoy such as fishing, trekking, cultural and historical visits, and more. However, you need to plan ahead and consider some factors such as when to go, how to get there, where to stay, and what to do. So don’t hesitate and book your trip to Pa Khoang Lake today!