india to vietnam travel restrictions Are you planning to travel from India to Vietnam in the near future? If so, you might be wondering about the current travel restrictions and requirements due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In this blog post, we will provide you with the latest information and guidance on how to travel safely and smoothly from India to Vietnam.
What are the current travel restrictions for India and Vietnam? india to vietnam travel restrictions
As of May 2023, both India and Vietnam have imposed strict travel restrictions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and its variants. Here are some of the main points you need to know:
- India has banned all international commercial flights until further notice, except for those operating under bilateral air bubble arrangements with select countries. Vietnam is not one of those countries, so you will need to find an alternative route or transit point if you want to fly from India to Vietnam. india to vietnam travel restrictions
- Vietnam has suspended all inbound flights from countries and territories that have reported cases of new COVID-19 variants, including India. Only Vietnamese nationals, diplomats, experts, investors, and their family members are allowed to enter Vietnam with special permission and quarantine arrangements. india to vietnam travel restrictions
- All travelers entering Vietnam, regardless of their nationality and vaccination status, must undergo a mandatory 21-day quarantine at designated facilities. They must also present a negative RT-PCR test result taken within 72 hours before departure and take another test upon arrival.
- All travelers leaving Vietnam must also present a negative RT-PCR test result taken within 72 hours before departure and comply with the health screening and testing requirements of their destination country. india to vietnam travel restrictions
How can I get a travel permit and a visa for Vietnam?
If you are eligible to enter Vietnam under the current travel restrictions, you will need to obtain a travel permit and a visa before your departure. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Contact the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in India or your nearest country that has diplomatic relations with Vietnam. You will need to provide your personal information, travel itinerary, purpose of visit, and proof of negative RT-PCR test result. You will also need to submit a health declaration form and agree to abide by the quarantine and health regulations in Vietnam. india to vietnam travel restrictions
- Wait for the approval of your travel permit from the Vietnamese authorities. This may take several days or weeks depending on the availability of flights and quarantine facilities. You will receive an official letter confirming your travel permit and your flight details.
- Apply for a visa online through the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department (https://xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/). You will need to fill in an online form, upload your passport photo and scanned copy of your travel permit letter, and pay the visa fee. You will receive an approval letter via email within two working days. india to vietnam travel restrictions
- Print out your visa approval letter and bring it with you along with your passport, travel permit letter, negative RT-PCR test result, and health declaration form. You will receive your visa stamp upon arrival at the airport in Vietnam. india to vietnam travel restrictions
What are the best ways to travel from India to Vietnam?
As mentioned earlier, there are no direct flights from India to Vietnam at the moment due to the travel ban. However, there are some possible ways to travel indirectly via third countries that have air bubble arrangements with both India and Vietnam. Here are some of the options you can consider:
- Fly from India to Singapore via Air India or Singapore Airlines, then fly from Singapore to Vietnam via VietJet Air or Bamboo Airways. You will need to obtain a transit pass from Singapore’s Changi Airport website (https://www.changiairport.com/en/airport-guide/Covid-19/transit.html) and follow the transit guidelines. india to vietnam travel restrictions
- Fly from India to Japan via Air India or Japan Airlines, then fly from Japan to Vietnam via VietJet Air or Bamboo Airways. You will need to apply for a transit visa from Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs website (https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page25e_000334.html) and follow the transit rules. india to vietnam travel restrictions
- Fly from India to Thailand via Air India or Thai Airways, then fly from Thailand to Vietnam via VietJet Air or Bamboo Airways. You will need to apply for a transit certificate from Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs website (https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/) and follow the transit regulations. india to vietnam travel restrictions
What are some tips for traveling safely and smoothly from India to Vietnam?
Traveling during the COVID-19 pandemic can be challenging and stressful, but there are some tips that can help you make your journey easier and safer. Here are some of them:
- Plan ahead and book your flights, accommodation, and transportation in advance. Check the availability of flights and quarantine facilities in both countries and confirm your booking details before your departure. india to vietnam travel restrictions
- Check the latest travel updates and requirements from both countries regularly. Visit the official websites of the Indian Ministry of External Affairs (https://www.mea.gov.in/) and the Vietnamese Ministry of Health (https://ncov.moh.gov.vn/) for accurate and updated information.
- Pack light and bring only essential items. Avoid carrying large luggage or unnecessary items that may cause delays or inconvenience at the airport or during quarantine. Bring enough masks, hand sanitizer, personal hygiene products, and medications for your trip. india to vietnam travel restrictions
- Follow the health protocols and guidelines at all times. Wear a mask, maintain social distancing, wash your hands frequently, and avoid contact with others as much as possible. Cooperate with the airport staff, immigration officers, health workers, and quarantine personnel during your journey.
- Stay positive and optimistic. Traveling during these times can be stressful and frustrating, but try to focus on the positive aspects of your trip. Think about why you are traveling, what you hope to achieve or experience in Vietnam, and how you can make the most of your time there. india to vietnam travel restrictions
We hope this blog post has given you some useful information and guidance on how to travel from India to Vietnam amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We wish you a safe and smooth journey! 😊