dalat vietnam travel guide Dalat is a charming mountain town in the Central Highlands of Vietnam, known for its cool climate, scenic landscapes, colonial architecture, and diverse attractions. Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway, an adventure trip, or a cultural experience, Dalat has something for you. In this Dalat Vietnam travel guide, we will show you what to do, see, eat, and enjoy in this lovely destination.
How to Get to Dalat dalat vietnam travel guide
- By plane: Dalat has a small airport called Lien Khuong Airport, which is about 30 km south of the city center. There are daily flights from Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Hue, and Nha Trang. The flight time is about an hour from Ho Chi Minh City or Nha Trang, and about two hours from Hanoi or Da Nang. You can take a taxi, a shuttle bus, or a motorbike taxi from the airport to the city center. dalat vietnam travel guide
- By bus: There are many bus companies that offer comfortable and affordable services from Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang, Mui Ne, Da Lat, or other cities to Dalat. The bus ride takes about 6 hours from Ho Chi Minh City or Nha Trang, and about 4 hours from Mui Ne. You can book your tickets online or at the bus stations.
- By train: There is no direct train to Dalat, but you can take a train to Thap Cham station (about 100 km east of Dalat) and then take a bus or a taxi to Dalat. The train ride takes about 7 hours from Ho Chi Minh City or 4 hours from Nha Trang. The train is a scenic and relaxing way to travel, but it may not be the most convenient or time-saving option. dalat vietnam travel guide
- By motorbike: If you are an adventurous and experienced rider, you can rent a motorbike and drive to Dalat from Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang, or other places. The road is winding and hilly, but it offers stunning views of the countryside, the mountains, and the waterfalls. You can also stop at some interesting places along the way, such as coffee farms, ethnic villages, or national parks. However, you should be careful of the traffic, the weather, and the road conditions. dalat vietnam travel guide
What to Do in Dalat
Dalat has a lot of things to do for different types of travelers. Here are some of the most popular and recommended activities in Dalat.
- Explore the city’s landmarks: Dalat has a unique and charming architecture that reflects its French colonial heritage and its local culture. You can visit some of the city’s landmarks, such as the Xuan Huong Lake, the Dalat Railway Station, the King Palace, the Hang Nga Crazy House, and the Truc Lam Pagoda. You can also admire the city’s flowers and gardens, such as the Dalat Flower Gardens, the Valley of Love, and the Hydrangea Flower Farm. dalat vietnam travel guide
- Enjoy the nature and adventure: Dalat is surrounded by beautiful nature and offers many opportunities for adventure sports. You can hike, bike, or find a waterfall in the nearby hills and forests. Some of the most famous waterfalls in Dalat are Dambri Falls, Elephant Falls, Pongour Falls, and Datanla Falls. You can also try canyoning, rafting, ziplining, or paragliding in some of these places. If you want to see more of the countryside, you can join a tour to visit some coffee farms, tea plantations, silk factories, or ethnic villages. dalat vietnam travel guide
- Experience the local culture and cuisine: Dalat has a rich and diverse culture that reflects its history and its ethnic diversity. You can learn more about the local culture by visiting some museums, such as the Lam Dong Museum, the Da Lat History Museum, or the Da Lat Clay Sculptures Tunnel. You can also visit some local markets, such as the Da Lat Central Market, the Da Lat Night Market, or the Da Lat Flower Market, where you can buy some souvenirs, handicrafts, or fresh produce. Of course, you should not miss the local cuisine, which is influenced by the French, the Chinese, and the ethnic minorities. Some of the dishes you should try are banh mi (Vietnamese sandwich), banh can (mini rice pancakes), banh uot long ga (steamed rice rolls with chicken), bun bo Hue (spicy beef noodle soup), and mi quang (turmeric noodle soup). dalat vietnam travel guide
Where to Stay in Dalat
Dalat has a wide range of accommodation options for different budgets and preferences. You can find hotels, hostels, homestays, resorts, or villas in Dalat. Here are some of the best areas to stay in Dalat.
- The city center: This is the most convenient and lively area to stay in Dalat, as it is close to many attractions, restaurants, shops, and nightlife venues. You can find many hotels and hostels in this area, from budget to luxury. Some of the recommended places are Dalat Palace Heritage Hotel, Dreams Hotel, Dalat Backpackers Hostel, and Cozy Nook Hostel. dalat vietnam travel guide
- The lake area: This is a more scenic and peaceful area to stay in Dalat, as it is near the Xuan Huong Lake and the pine forests. You can find some resorts and villas in this area, which offer more space and privacy. Some of the recommended places are Ana Villas Dalat Resort & Spa, Terracotta Hotel & Resort Dalat, Dalat Edensee Lake Resort & Spa, and Zen Valley Dalat. dalat vietnam travel guide
- The outskirts: This is a more adventurous and authentic area to stay in Dalat, as it is away from the city center and closer to nature. You can find some homestays and farms in this area, which offer more local experiences and interactions. Some of the recommended places are K’Ho Coffee Farmstay, La Nha Homestay, Moc Chau Homestay, and The Circle Vietnam.
Dalat is a wonderful destination that will surprise you with its cool climate, scenic landscapes, colonial architecture, and diverse attractions. By following this Dalat Vietnam travel guide, you will be able to plan your trip, pack your bags, and enjoy your time in this lovely destination.