car rental philadelphia airport is a historic and vibrant city that offers plenty of attractions and activities for visitors. Whether you want to see the Liberty Bell, the Independence Hall, the Rocky Steps, or the Philadelphia Museum of Art, you will find something to suit your interests and tastes.
However, to make the most of your trip to Philadelphia, you may want to rent a car and explore the city and its surroundings at your own pace and convenience. Renting a car can give you more freedom, flexibility, and comfort to discover Philadelphia and its nearby destinations, such as Valley Forge, Lancaster, or Atlantic City. However, renting a car can also be challenging, especially if you are not familiar with the rules, regulations, and procedures. That’s why we have created this guide to car rental Philadelphia airport. In this guide, we will tell you everything you need to know about car rental Philadelphia airport, such as:
- How to find and book a car rental Philadelphia airport
- What documents and requirements you need to rent a car at Philadelphia airport
- What types of vehicles and services you can rent at Philadelphia airport
- How much does it cost to rent a car at Philadelphia airport car rental philadelphia airport
- How to pick up and drop off your car rental at Philadelphia airport
- What tips and precautions you should take when driving in Philadelphia
By following this guide, you will be able to find the best deals and tips for car rental Philadelphia airport and enjoy your trip to Philadelphia.
How to Find and Book a Car Rental Philadelphia Airport
Finding and booking a car rental Philadelphia airport can be easy and convenient. You can follow these simple steps:
- Visit a website that compares car rental prices and deals at Philadelphia airport, such as https://www.kayak.com/, https://www.hertz.com/, or https://www.enterprise.com/. You can also use a general travel website or a search engine that offers car rental options.
- Enter your pick-up and drop-off dates and times. You can also enter your preferred vehicle type, model, brand, or price range.
- Filter and sort your search results by relevance, popularity, distance, rating, or price. You can also read the reviews and ratings of the previous customers and the car rental companies.
- Choose the car rental deal that best suits your needs and budget. You can also check the details and terms of the rental, such as the mileage limit, insurance coverage, cancellation policy, and additional fees.
- Enter your personal and payment information and confirm your booking. You will receive a confirmation email with your reservation number and instructions.
You can also book your car rental by calling or visiting one of the car rental companies at Philadelphia airport.
What Documents and Requirements You Need to Rent a Car at Philadelphia Airport
To rent a car at Philadelphia airport, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years old (or 25 years old for some vehicles).
- Have a valid driver’s license that allows you to drive in the US. This can be either:
- A US driver’s license
- A foreign driver’s license along with an International Driving Permit (IDP) or an official English translation
- A Canadian driver’s license
- Have a valid credit card in your name to pay for the rental and the security deposit.
You need to present these documents when you pick up your car at the car rental location. You also need to sign a rental agreement and a vehicle inspection report.
What Types of Vehicles and Services You Can Rent at Philadelphia Airport
You can rent various types of vehicles and services at Philadelphia airport depending on your preference and budget. Here are some of the options you can choose from:
- Vehicles: You can rent different sizes and models of vehicles, from compact cars to full-size SUVs. You can also rent specialty vehicles, such as electric cars, luxury cars, or sports cars. Some of the popular vehicles include:
- Toyota Corolla: A compact car that is economical and reliable. It can accommodate up to 5 passengers and 2 suitcases.
- Nissan Altima: A midsize car that is comfortable and spacious. It can accommodate up to 5 passengers and 3 suitcases.
- Ford Escape: A compact SUV that is versatile and practical. It can accommodate up to 5 passengers and 4 suitcases.
- Chevrolet Tahoe: A full-size SUV that is powerful and luxurious. It can accommodate up to 7 passengers and 5 suitcases.
- Tesla Model 3: An electric car that is innovative and eco-friendly. It can accommodate up to 5 passengers and 4 suitcases.
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class: A luxury car that is elegant and sophisticated. It can accommodate up to 5 passengers and 4 suitcases.
- Ford Mustang: A sports car that is fast and fun. It can accommodate up to 4 passengers and 2 suitcases. car rental philadelphia airport
- Services: You can rent various services to enhance your rental experience, such as:
- GPS: A navigation system that guides you to your destination with voice and visual instructions. It also shows you the nearest gas stations, parking lots, restaurants, and attractions. You can rent a GPS for an additional fee of around $15 per day (including tax).
- Child seats: Safety seats for children of different ages and sizes. You can rent a child seat for an additional fee of around $15 per day (including tax).
- E-ZPass: An electronic toll collection device that allows you to pay tolls automatically without stopping at toll booths. You can rent an E-ZPass for an additional fee of around $5 per day (including tax). You also need to pay for the toll charges separately. car rental philadelphia airport
- Insurance: A basic insurance that covers liability, collision damage waiver, and personal accident protection. You can also opt for a premium insurance that reduces your deductible in case of an accident. The insurance fees vary depending on the vehicle type and rental period.
How Much Does It Cost to Rent a Car at Philadelphia Airport
The cost of renting a car at Philadelphia airport depends on various factors, such as the type, model, brand, location, duration, and availability of the car. The cost also includes the rental fee, the security deposit, the insurance fee, the mileage fee, the toll fee, the fuel fee, and any other fees or taxes. Here are some examples of the average cost of renting a car at Philadelphia airport for a day or a week:
- Toyota Corolla: $40 per day or $280 per week
- Nissan Altima: $45 per day or $315 per week
- Ford Escape: $50 per day or $350 per week
- Chevrolet Tahoe: $80 per day or $560 per week
- Tesla Model 3: $100 per day or $700 per week
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class: $120 per day or $840 per week
- Ford Mustang: $150 per day or $1,050 per week
These are just estimates and may vary depending on the specific car and the rental company. You can compare different prices and deals online or by phone before booking your car.
How to Pick Up and Drop Off Your Car Rental at Philadelphia Airport
Picking up and dropping off your car rental at Philadelphia airport is easy and convenient. You can follow these simple steps:
- Pick up your car at the car rental location at the scheduled time. You need to present your driver’s license, credit card, reservation number, and confirmation email. You also need to sign a rental agreement and a vehicle inspection report. car rental philadelphia airport
- Check the condition of the car and make sure it matches the vehicle inspection report. If you find any damage or defect, report it to the staff immediately.
- Drive your car safely and enjoy your trip. Follow the traffic rules and regulations in Philadelphia and use the GPS or E-ZPass if you have rented them.
- Drop off your car at the car rental location at the scheduled time. You need to return the car with a full tank of gas or pay for the refueling charge. You also need to return the GPS, E-ZPass, child seat, or any other extras you have rented. car rental philadelphia airport
- Check the condition of the car and make sure it matches the vehicle inspection report. If you have caused any damage or defect, report it to the staff immediately.
- Pay for the rental fee, security deposit, toll charges, or any other charges with your credit card. You will receive a receipt and a confirmation email. car rental philadelphia airport
What Tips and Precautions You Should Take When Driving in Philadelphia
Driving in Philadelphia can be different from driving in other cities. Here are some tips and precautions you should take when driving in Philadelphia:
- Drive on the right side of the road and pass on the left side. car rental philadelphia airport
- Obey the speed limits and traffic signs. The speed limits are usually 25 mph on urban roads, 35 mph on rural roads, and 55 mph on highways.
- Use your seat belt at all times and do not use your phone while driving.
- Be careful of pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists, and other vehicles on the road. Give way to them when necessary and keep a safe distance from car rental philadelphia airport
- Be aware of toll roads and bridges. You need to pay tolls when entering or exiting them. You can use an E-ZPass or cash to pay for the tolls. You can also use a credit card at some toll booths. car rental philadelphia airport
- Be prepared for different weather and road conditions. You may encounter snow, rain, fog, or storms depending on the season and location. You may also encounter narrow roads, steep hills, or sharp curves in some areas. Drive carefully and adjust your speed and distance accordingly. car rental philadelphia airport
- Be respectful of the local culture and customs. Do not honk your horn unnecessarily, do not litter, do not park illegally, and do not cause any trouble or inconvenience to others.
Renting a car at Philadelphia airport can be a great way to enjoy your trip to Philadelphia. You can find and book a car rental online or by phone in minutes and pick it up at the airport. You just need to have a valid driver’s license, a credit card, and meet the age requirements. You can also choose from various types of vehicles and services that suit your needs and budget. You should also follow the tips and precautions when driving in Philadelphia and respect the traffic rules and regulations. By following this guide, you will be able to find the best deals and tips for car rental Philadelphia airport and enjoy your trip to Philadelphia.