Ba Na is a mountain resort in the central region of Vietnam. It is located about 40 km from Da Nang city and about 1,500 m above sea level. Ba Na is famous for its cool climate, scenic views, cable car system and European-style architecture. In this blog post, we will explore some of the attractions and activities that Ba Na has to offer, as well as some of the history and culture that make it unique.
The Attractions of Ba Na
Ba Na has many attractions that appeal to different types of travelers. Some of the most popular ones include:
- The cable car: Ba Na has a cable car system that is the longest and highest in the world. It spans over 5 km and reaches a height of over 1,400 m. It offers visitors a panoramic view of the mountains, forests and waterfalls. It also takes visitors to various stations, such as the Debay Station, the Morin Station and the Ba Na Station.
- The Golden Bridge: The Golden Bridge is a pedestrian bridge that was opened in 2018. It is supported by two giant hands that emerge from the hillside. It has a length of 150 m and a height of over 1,000 m. It offers visitors a stunning view of the landscape and a feeling of walking in the sky.
- The French Village: The French Village is a replica of a medieval European town that was built in 2014. It has various buildings and structures that resemble those of France, such as castles, churches, squares and fountains. It also has various facilities and services for visitors, such as hotels, restaurants, shops and entertainment.
- The Fantasy Park: The Fantasy Park is an amusement park that was opened in 2009. It has various attractions and games for visitors of all ages, such as roller coasters, water slides, arcade machines and virtual reality. It also has various themes and zones, such as Jurassic Park, Fairy Forest and Adventure Land.
The Activities in Ba Na
Ba Na has many activities that cater to different interests and preferences. Some of the most popular ones include:
- The flower festival: The flower festival is an annual event that takes place in April or May, coinciding with the blooming season of many flowers. It is a time when the resort is decorated with thousands of flowers of various colors and types. It is also a time when visitors can enjoy various activities such as flower exhibitions, flower parades, flower markets and flower contests.
- The wine tasting: Ba Na has a wine cellar that was built in 1923 by the French. It has a capacity of over 100,000 liters and a temperature of about 16 degrees Celsius. It stores various types of wine, such as red wine, white wine and rose wine. Visitors can learn about the history and process of wine making, as well as taste some wine samples.
- The hiking: Ba Na has many hiking trails that offer visitors a chance to enjoy nature and adventure. Visitors can choose from different routes that suit their level of fitness and experience. They can also choose from different modes of transportation, such as walking or cycling. They can also choose from different durations, from half-day to multi-day tours.
- The camping: Ba Na has many camping sites that offer visitors a chance to enjoy nature and relaxation. Visitors can rent tents, sleeping bags and other equipment from the camping operators or bring their own. They can also enjoy other activities such as bonfire, barbecue, music and games.
The History and Culture of Ba Na
Ba Na has a long and rich history and culture that date back to centuries ago. Some of the highlights of its history and culture include:
- The name: Ba Na derives its name from the phrase “Bà Nà”, which means “the lady’s mountain” in Vietnamese. This refers to the fact that Ba Na was once inhabited by the Katu people, an ethnic minority that worshiped a female deity called Bà Nà.
- The festival: Ba Na celebrates many festivals throughout the year, but the most important one is the New Rice Festival, which is also known as the Katu New Year Festival. It is held every year in March or April. It is a time when the Katu people celebrate their harvest and their culture, and also invite guests from other ethnic groups to join them.
- The museum: Ba Na has a museum that showcases the history, culture and nature of the resort and the region. It has four main sections: the natural section, which displays specimens of animals and plants; the historical section, which displays artifacts and documents from different periods; the cultural section, which displays costumes, instruments and tools of different ethnic groups; and the revolutionary section, which displays weapons, uniforms and photos of the wars.
Ba Na is a mountain resort with a touch of Europe in Vietnam. It has many attractions and activities that appeal to different types of travelers. It also has a long and rich history and culture that make it unique. Ba Na is more than just a resort, it is a destination that offers a memorable and authentic experience.